Thursday, December 9, 2010

Case Study Week #2

I'm glad to say that while I'm typing this, it's 55 deg F outside. But, it won't last long as we expect freezing temps by tonight. Crazy as it sounds though, I'm actually missing the snow right now. :-)

Today's card is for the CASE Study Challenge #18. The DT blew me away with their work last week and I can't wait to see what they come up with to CASE this card (more info on this card HERE).

And here is my CASE card. I did the same emboss resist technique on the background and followed the layout. I used the Layers of Color's Brick Wall and Embroidered Butterfly Cling Art stamps. The text background is from Vintage Backgrounds and sentiment from Lovely Labels by GinaK. The colors follow this week's The Color Room challenge.

Brick and Butterfly

I hope you can join me at CASE Study this week!
Photobucket
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. both are wonderful--that flower-wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, these are just beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh the emboss resist technique with the brick is just lovely and then the text in the bg is just divine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore it that you can whip up a card that's oozing with colour, and yet make it nostalgic and vintage. You made the most beautiful background too. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both cards are amazing, Nina! love the pretty and rich color on the second one! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You make a beautiful card seem so possible! Thanks for he enabling! Have a toasty day.... *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Nina! It's lovely..an the technique is just amazing..how I wish your stamps are available here in the Philippines..they are soooo beautiful! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these cards, Nina! Just gorgeous!! :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIES BOTH!! Can you tell me, did you create that beautiful cream coloured flower? If so, could you perhaps direct me to a tutorial? GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration, Nina! I love your work, so fabulously vintage and GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so darn gorgeous Nina! what spectacular colours, the background you have created is magnificent. Thanks for inspiring us again this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails