Friday, February 15, 2013

How To Make a Polaroid Frame

I'm showing you today how I made the Polaroid frame on my Valentine treats HERE and on my cards on THIS POST. These frames are so trendy right now and they are not hard to make and customize.

What you will need:
  • Spellbinders Classic Square dies - you can use other square dies, but I prefer Spellbinders because they emboss as well.
  • Cardstock
  • Paper cutter OR ruler and scissors
I started with a half of a LTR size cardstock, measuring 4.25" x 11". I taped the large square die to one side, making sure there's room around according to your preferred thickness. I made mine around .25" around. Cut the cardstock to center the die as shown below. Do it again for each frame you want to make. I was able to cut 2 larges, one medium and one small from the half A2 cardstock.
 You can leave these as is to make room for more stamping on the bottom.
Or if you're like me, I prefer them to be shorter. For the larger square I cut it at 3.75" lengthwise. For the medium size at 3.25." And I save those little strips of cardstock for sentiment flags in future projects.
Here they are in different sizes, colors and patterns, ready for your projects.
I hope you were inspired to try this. Please leave me a comment if you did and made a project with it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails