Friday, December 14, 2012

Birthday Greetings

I have some non-holiday cards for you today, but they are related to Christmas. These two cards are part of a set that I'm giving away as a gift to a friend. It's great to mass produce cards that follow the same layout, but with different elements to make each one unique. It's also great to use up some supplies that I have hoarded for far too long :).

The papers, stickers and resin crown are by Melissa Frances. The sentiment is from The Craft's Meow's Stitched Sentiments Two, this month's free with $50 purchase.
BG2
The background was distressed and stitched on the edges. The flower is by Prima. And I tucked the seam binding underneath it.
BG-1
I'm busy preparing for our church's Women's Christmas party tomorrow. The ladies of our church made these lovely quilted pillow cases and Bible covers as party favors.  Aren't they beautiful? I had nothing to do with making these. I can only stitch straight. :) I was just in charge of wrapping them and making little tags.
2012-Womens-gifts
Stay warm and enjoy the weekend, friends!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Nina - love the colours you have used.
    That sewing is amazing, and you have presented them beautifully.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful points altogether, you simply won a new reader.

    What might you suggest in regards to your publish that you
    simply made a few days in the past? Any sure?
    Check out my web site - iscsi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card...scrappinggg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and I love the quilted goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors on your two cards are so yummy, LOVE the lacey accents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Is there a tutorial on the quilted bible covers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, our pastor's wife is an expert quilter, so she guides the ladies and does all the prep beforehand. I'm guessing she just winged it :).

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails