Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blissful Card Set

I have a set of 4 cards today that uses the Penny Black's Blissful stamp set. I love this huge background stamp. This set took no more than 40 minutes to make.

For my cards, I made a watercolor-mosaic background. I don't know if this technique is something new, but it is new to me. I first dabbed various Distress inks onto the stamp, making sure I don't overlap the inks too much. (*TIP: start with the light colors and move on to the darker ones so you don't contaminate the ink pads too much) I stamped it on white cardstock, then spritzed a little with water and let it dry. I mounted them in coordinating cardstocks for the card bases.
PB-Card-set
Here are closeups of two of them. This one uses Blue China, Fired Brick and Mustard Seed Distress inks. The sentiments is by SRM Stickers.
PB-Card-set1
This one uses Peeled Paint, Spun Sugar and Spiced Marmalade. I embellished the cards with buttons, lace and coordinating Twinery twine (well, except the red because I forgot to do it before adhering the stamped background :).
PB-Card-set2
Tomorrow is a holiday here in Croatia (yay!). Can you believe it's already May? Time goes by so fast. Until next time, friends!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Sretan Praznik rada!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Nina - love how you have used the distress inks.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Great technique, I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question: Did you stamp the white designs in a resist of some sort? How is the watercolor only in the background? Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails