Monday, January 27, 2014

A Trio of Penny Black Cards

I hope you all had a great weekend. Ours started with our first snowstorm of the year on Friday. It was so bad that we couldn't drive down our hill. I had to pick up my girls from school and we trekked up our hill while fighting the winds and cold. It was a beautiful sight, reminded me of Narnia, but we were glad it was a short walk. :)

We were also without power for most of Friday and some parts of Saturday, so I wasn't able to post some cards I had meant to post. So we spent most of that time reading (thanks to our charged Kindles!). And speaking of reading, I was so disappointed that The Book Thief, which is advertised as a young adult book, is loaded with cuss words. I was reading it to my girls when I realized it (thankfully I was doing the reading, so I skipped the undesirable words), but we like to take turns. I guess we'll have to shelf that one and look for another book to read together.

Anyway, I have a trio of cards that I made using some Penny Black stamps and papers today. The main image is PB Skyline and the sentiments are from Hot Rod. The papers are PB Madison. I used Madison papers in all three and inked the stamps with coordinating colors. Here it is n red and aqua.
PB-Buildings3
Here it is in golden yellow. I love the turquoise and golden yellow combo. I highlighted the banner sentiments with Want2Scrap pearls.
PB-Buildings2
And the olive and turquoise combo. It is hard to see, but these layers were mounted with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares to add more depth.
PB-Buildings1
Have a great week, friends! We anticipate more snow this week, but hopefully we won't lose power again.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh these are fabulous Nina - love your colour combinations - they are stunning. Brrr to the cold - I do hope you don't loose power!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the red and aqua card. I love city scapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Nina! You always have the prettiest laces :-) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, I love how the different colors are combined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your trio of cards, my friend! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails