Monday, March 1, 2010

My Designing Friend Tami and Some things you don't want to miss...

I'm happy to introduce another Designing Friend using my Squigglefly images,


Here's a great wedding card she made using the Wedding Bliss: Beautiful Cake. You can find more info about her card here.

Let's get to know her a little, shall we?

1. How long have you been paper crafting and how did you get started?

I started scrapbooking in 2001 by going to a Creative Memories party and did that exclusively until 2005. I journeyed into card making in 2005 when I went to a Stampin' Up! party and as they say- the rest is history!

2. What are your current favorite:
  • Techniques- hmmm... this one is a tough one but I love paper piecing (and LOVE that I can do this with digi images also) and I also like cracked glass (but it takes the perfect stamp for me to pull it offf!)
  • Tools- my stamps :), cuttlebug along with the embossing folders and my nestabilities, punches
  • Embellishments- ribbon, buttons, and pearls are my FAVES and I usually use at least one of them on each card I make (unless it's a guy card then I might not use any)
3. What makes a "WOW" card, in your opinion?
The ones that stand out to me (and I find myself creating and gravitating toward) are the ones that are CAS. Layers are GREAT but I find that I can make something cluttered if there's too much so I look for CAS.

4. What inspires you to create? Define your crafting style.
I am inspired by others. I also look for inspiration out in the world- whether it's in print, creation, or just elsewhere. The reason I craft is that I thoroughly enjoy the time I spend on this hobby. Being a first grade teacher it's my stress relief at the end of a long day/week. As I mentioned earlier, I find myself leaning towards a more CAS style- occasionally I like to add a bit more but CAS is such a good look too!

5. Tell us something about your family. Where are you from? Other interests besides paper crafting. Or any random fact about you.
I am single and am a teacher in Knoxville, TN. I have been teaching since 1998. I grew up as a pastor's daughter in Indiana and Ohio. I love to read, spend time on SCS (probably too much time), and travel. I am an active part of my church's singles ministry and have been able to go on several short-term mission trips with my church. I have been to Greece 3 times (twice with singles and once by myself) and to Romania 2 times.

6. Do you have a favorite quote/verse that you live by?
Hmmm... this is a tough one. I love/collect quotes and verses. My "life verse" is Zephaniah 3:17 (it's even my email addy). "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
----------------------------------------------
Some things you don't want to miss...
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Yay Tami! This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Tami!! Beautiful card!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Your card is Amazing . . . I love the stitched butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love the projects and your blog. thanks for sharing. march 5 is my bday. a win would be great.

    chriswooten57
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails