Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Some fun news!

I am excited to share you my first card for this month as Flourishes' Guest DT for their Timeless Tuesday Challenge. I have been a BIG fan of Flourishes stamps and own quite a collection of their sets. Their gorgeous images allow me to practice on my Copic coloring skills. I just love them all! I will be joining the Timeless Tuesday team all month. The theme this week is Think Pink to celebrate the Breast Cancer Awareness month of October.

For today's card, I colored my Lenten Rose image with Copics as my focal point. I just love these delicate flowers. The sentiment is also from this set, which I die cut with Spellbinders' Classic Circle die. The papers are by Carta Bella. I stamped another image from the set with pink ink directly on the patterned paper. I like that effect as it allows you to create a coordinating pattern to go with your main stamped image.
Flourishes-TT1
Here you can see a close up of the rose with the different shading using Copics. I used the Copic Sketch Lenten Rose collection, plus R89 to create the darker contrast. the leaves were colored with various green markers. I adorned my card with lace, seam binding, paper rose and a strip of Want2Scrap Le Creme bling.
Flourishes-TT1-details
I hope you can join us this week for Timeless Tuesday. I can't wait to share my other Flourishes creations with you all for the whole month of October.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh Nina this is beautiful - and congratulations on you guest DT month.Your colouring is fantastic, and the way you have stamped your own paper is inspired.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Nina! Welcome to the team for the month. We're so happy you could join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nina :) ...your Flourishes card is beautiful! You
    colored this image so perfectly! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is stunning Nina!! So glad you could join us this month! Can't wait to see your next beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love your card, Nina!! It looks so cheery and I just love the fact you created your own background :)Everything looks perfect!! :)

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO gorgeous!! You did a beautiful job with the coloring! Congrats on being guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, Nina! I love your beautiful pink flowers and that green is just the perfect compliment to the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and pink, Nina! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails