I used SRM Sticker Sentiments Thank You on these quick cards.
- Jean Valjean's Soliloquy after he was given a second chance in life. I loved that they didn't pre-record the singing because I could really hear the anguish in his voice when he just spoke the words in some parts. And then the hope he felt at the end when he decided to have a change of heart. I love stories of redemption!
- Ann Hathaway's rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" gave me chills. And it made me think about how far do mothers go to save their children. How far would I go?
- With lyrics like, "Do you hear the people sing? Singing a song of angry men? It is the music of a people Who will not be slaves again!", "Do You Hear the People Sing?" is such a powerful song. I think about all the oppressed people in the world who are stripped of their basic freedoms and don't even have the chance to fight for change.
- Javert's Suicide was distressing, especially after his life was spared by Valjean. It shows a stark difference from Valjean's response after he was shown mercy by a fellow man. One lives by grace and the other by law. HERE is a good article about the contrast between these men.
- Marius' "Empty Chairs and Empty Tables" was heart-wrenching, esp when he sang, "Oh my friends, my friends, don't ask me, what your sacrifice was for." I'd like to imagine all sacrifices made are worth it in the end. I know of THE ONE SACRIFICE that is worthy and we who believe get the benefit of it.