Welcome to the Gina K Designs Illustrator Blog Hop. Start over at GinaK's StampTV Page for more complete instructions about tonight's Challenge Hop.
- Challenge: Choose favorite children's book and make a project inspired by the book. Include photo of book along with why you chose it and how it inspired your project.
- Requirement: use at least one of the March Release stamp sets: A Beautiful Life, By Your Side, Fairy Tales, Friends, Happy Spring, Nana's Needlework, Nana's Needlework Sentiments, Sending Sunshine, Spring Mix, Spring Has Sprung
- Deadline: Monday, April 12th at 8 pm, CST.
- Prize: CenterStage Spotlight Designer for April (receives entire April release!)
Here's my card using Nana's Needlework and some Li'l Man Cosmo Cricket papers. I followed the book cover's layout and bright colors.
My next book is one that just tugs on your heart strings. I love the soft colors of the illustrations here and that's what inspired my cards below.
The blocks on the cover remind me of a quilt, so I made quilted backgrounds (surprise! :-) on the following cards. This one again uses Nana's Needlework and Nana's Needlework Sentiments. I white embossed the doily on vellum. The card base is GKD Sweet Corn. The buttons are from the Spring Assortment.
This card uses Tami's Fairy Tales set and the sentiment is from Nana's Needlework.
This card uses the adorable goose image and sentiment from the Spring Mix StampTV Kit. If you want to see my tutorial on how I mass produce quilted cards, please go HERE.
Finally, I had to use this book. If you have little kids, I think you will really enjoy it.
I followed the layout and color scheme of different shades of browns for my card below using Theresa's Sending Sunshine set.
To keep the inspiration going, check out these GinaK Designers' joining in on the hop tonight:
- Jessica Fick
- Tami Mayberry
- Melanie Muenchinger
- Theresa Momber
- Carolyn King
- Cathy Tidwell
- Lee Murphy
- Erika Martin
- Jennie Harper *March CSS Guest Designer Winner*