Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sisters Wall Hanging

Today's project is not a card. Can you believe it? :) I made this for the  Authentique/Want2Scrap blog hop last week that I missed due to some health issues. I made a wall hanging for my girls' room. The Authentique Paper Collection I used is called Strong which is meant to be masculine. But as you can see, it works just as well for girls if you add enough feminine flair. And that's where the Want2Scrap embellishments come in.

I used the following Want2Scrap products:
I also used the following supplies:
  • Penny Black Love Chapter (LOVE and text background)
  • PB Sparklers
  • PB Music Background
  • Spellbinders butterfly die
  • Twinery
  • Gesso (painted over the background patterned paper)
Sisters-Wall-Hanging-Front
I highlighted the title with strips of little pearls. the blocks and the chipboard base were inked on the edges.
Sisters-Wall-Hanging-Title
I love this swirly pearl bling, together with pleated lace.
Sisters-Wall-Hanging-Swirl
Tags stamped with Penny Black stamps and adorned with twine.
Sisters-Wall-Hanging-Stamps
More stamped images and a butterfly die cut.
Sisters-Wall-Hanging-Butterfly
And here is the project in full. I loved making it and, more importantly, my girls love it!
Sisters-Wall-Hanging
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Nina this is gorgeous - love every little detail!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous hanging Nina, love it. Also, wishing & praying for your successful surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Nina! Fantastic! I love when you do mixed media pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. You are such an artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails