- The Craft's Meow's Holiday Poinsettia and Inside Christmas stamp sets
- Imagine Craft's/Tsukineko's Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark and Memento Love Letter inks
- Ranger's Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Evergreen Bough and Crushed Olive
- Stampin' Up's Watercolor Pencils
- Scrapbook Adhesives by3L EZ Runner
- Want2Scrap Silver Rhinestones strip
- Kraft A2 card base
- 2 Patterned papers
- Seam binding
- Watercolor Brush
- Blending sponges
- White Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
As promised, here is the tutorial for the Poinsettia card I shared earlier.
Sponge different hues of red Distress Inks onto the image. Use the darker ink in the center.
Sponge Olive ink in the upper part of the background and Evergreen on the bottom background.
Highlight the shadows and lights on the image using watercolor pencils.
Highlight the poinsettia image with a dark brown watercolor pencil.
Color wash and blend the water color highlights using a brush.
Stamp image onto a patterned paper. Cut out a few of the petals and adhere onto the corresponding part of the watercolored image.
Heat emboss partially the image with white embossing powder. It's okay if it's not perfectly aligned. That way it creates a shadow effect.
Stamp sentiment inside box. Adhere patterned paper on the left side of the card base. Embellish the center of the flower with rhinestones.
Stitch top and bottom edges of the combined panels. Adhere lace, seam binding bow, white flourish sticker and rhinestones.