Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fallish Spring Mixed Media Card

***Before I begin, please check out the stamps and dies I have for sale. They're heavily discounted (at least 40% off). The Craft's Meow, GinaK Designs, Layers of Color, Spellbinders and Other Items***

It has been a very busy week. Our family celebrated 3 birthdays and I had to finish my Christmas cards by Sunday night. I had to send them off through someone heading back to the US. It saves me a ton of money that way. :)

I have been playing around with water colors and other media. For my birthday, I got some fancy water colors by Lefranc & Bourgeois. I'm not sure yet if it's really that much better than my $10 tube set from Hobby Lobby. I have also been playing with Distress inks. So far, I think my favorite is the Distress brand. I will let you know if I change my mind. I have been eying one brand that I've seen online, but that will have to wait till Christmas, I guess. :)

I have a mixed media card today that uses watercolors, stamp inks, pigment inks, and embossing paste. The background is watercolored then stamped with the Penny Black Letter background. After that dried, I used an old favorite LOC stencil to create the raised lace design using embossing paste. I then inked the edges of the panel before adhering them with SAby3L foam squares.
PB-MM2
The butterflies (Penny Black Social Butterfly) were stamped in coordinating colors and adhered them to the panel by stitching them through the middle. The stamped and die cut (PB Triple Banner) sentiment banner (Amazing!) is also by Penny Black. I adhered Want2Scrap pearls on the butterfly bodies. Doily by SRM Stickers and adhesives by SA by 3L.
PB-MM-2det
I'm entering this to the following challenges: Runway Inspired, Die Cut Divas, SS Monday Challenge, Mixed Media Card Challenge, Fusion,
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Delightful! I adore the fun colors. And the banner is such a fun element!! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Nina! love the colours and the background work! thanks for joining in with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the colors and great layout! Congrats on the tweet from Penny Black! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours Nina - LOVE!!! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - love the depth and vibrancy of colour you have here Nina. Wonderful creation :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love your choice of colors!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely background for your butterflies.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous as always! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at MMCC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! Beautiful details and lovely, bright colours. Looking at the butterflies makes me smile :)
    Thank you for playing with us at MMCC October challenge. Hoping to see you with us again in November!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bright and saturated colors! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails