Monday, August 17, 2009

Elegant Post CAS cards

Here are a couple of cards I made using my Elegant Post set from GinaK. The papers I used are from the Simple Elegance digital paper pack. Though I still love actual papers, I do enjoy working with digital papers, which provide a few benefits over pre-printed ones.

1. You will never run out of digital papers (as long as you have ink, of course :-)).
2. You will keep the digital file forever and print them as needed, which saves natural resources.
3. You save precious storage space, too.
4. If you have a photo-editing software, you can even manipulate the colors and effects of the digital paper designs that suit your preference. You can also change the size of the design. If you look closely on the papers below, I printed the red bigger than the yellow.

This is how I print my digital papers. With these two sheets, I was able to make several cards. And I don't waste paper. I have a Canon Pixma printer and it's pretty efficient in printing these. I don't notice that I'm changing the ink more often and we do use our printer quite a bit at home.


And here are my cards. The first one follows Mojo Monday's sketch challenge this week.

Stamps: Elegant Post by GKD
Ink: Ruby Red, Summer Sun
Paper: Ruby Red, Summer Sun
Others: So Saffron ribbon, brad by Michael's, corner rounder, scallop punch

Stamps: Elegant Post by GKD
Ink: Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Simple Elegance digital paper pack, Black Onyx, So Saffron
Others: So Saffron ribbon, brad by Michael's, corner rounder

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and I love the tip about printing the digi papers. I would have never thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love visiting your blog and seeing all your beautiful creations. Your cards are always so elegant looking, yet simple to create. Just the type of card I like to make. You also always have such useful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Cards Nina!! I have been going back and forth on digi paper and tried some freebie samples and really liked them!! BTW - quick question -- what type of photo editing software do you recommend for a beginner!! Blessings adn hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I wish I could print out digi paper... Did I hear you correctly say that you are coming to Sicily in October??? Wow, now wouldn't that be something

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great tip!! your cards are so pretty (love the ribbon treatments)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails