Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My First Ever Published Card

Since the November/December issue of PaperCrafts magazine is out, I can finally show you the very first card I have ever published (it's on page 23). It was the only one I submitted for this particular issue and I was so thrilled when I received the acceptance email.

I made this card using gifts from my generous friends and finds from my travels. The patterned paper was sent by my friend, Doris (Thanks, Doris). The crocheted flower was a gift form Lisa (Thanks, my dear friend). The smaller pearls were from my mom (I can't thank you enough, Mom). I found the pearls in Israel last year, the button I bought here in Croatia, and the lace is from my home country, the Philippines.



Stamps: Trendy Trees Ink: Ruby Red Papers: Bailey Collection from K&Co., Old Olive, Ruby Red Others: lace, pearls, buttons, crocheted flower, CB Swiss Dots

On another note, have you read Gina's blog today? She just announced her newest illustrator. It's the lovely Tami Mayberry of the CPS sketch blog fame. I can't tell you how honored I am to be designing alongside her. And she's starting with a bang with her first release next week. You can see a snippet at Gina's blog.

Oh, and make sure you participate at the Color Throwdown's challenge this week. GinaK Designs is the sponsor and there are 2 prizes up for grabs. One of them is the Signs of Autumn StampTV kit. The other prize is Asela's Christmas Blessings set. How fun!

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nina on your publication, this card is stunning!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nina! I'm so pleased for you - this card is beautiful I love the lace and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just beautiful, Nina. What an elegant flower this crocheted blossom makes. This is utterly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Congrats I saw it in Papercrafts and my card is on the same page as yours. Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. {HUGS} and CONGRATS Nina!
    BEAUTIFUL card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Nina! What a lovely and sweet card! CONGRATS to you! Fellow Bruin, I might add ;) What a small world, huh? When were you there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations woman!!! Wow! What awesome news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations woman!!! Wow! What awesome news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Got my new issue yesterday and remember seeing that card. Very Nice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for your first publication, Nina!! The card is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT IS FANTASTIC, Nina! congratulations on your DT position, and on being published! the card is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting published! This is a stunning card- I adore that lace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Nina!! Love the card and I just saw the Grandfather clock card over at Moxie Fab site, too. Cuteness!! You are on a roll!! Congratulations on all your wonderful efforts, and the DT position, God is blessing you big time!! How is the Ladies Ministry event coming along? Trusting that God is working out all the details. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea for you Nina, this is such a happy and beautiful card. Congratulations but oh so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Nina!! You sure made magic happen. and what a way to showcase the Stampin' Up! crocheted flower. Wow! I let my subscription expire. But I'm going to have to run out and pick up a copy. It truly is a stunning card. Love the pearls.
    Thank you for the mention , You are such a sweetheart! And a very talented woman.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flowers are one of the main themes of my cards, so I really love this card, Nina! All the elements fits so well together and the crocheted flower is so cute (thanks, Lisa!)!

    Mariangela ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails