Monday, June 7, 2010

Kanzashi flower card

I've been wanting to try to make Kanzashi flowers ever since I found a tutorial on Youtube a few months ago. Moxie Fab's Fun with Fabric challenge was just the push I needed to try it. I adapted the video to use fabric instead of paper. Here is my first attempt:

For the background, I did an emboss resist technique. I first stamped the text background from Vintage Backgrounds set. I then white embossed the doily from Nana's Needlework and sponged the panel with a few pink inks. The sentiment is from the Botanicals set.

Here is a close up.

I think I will make more of these flowers. They are so pretty.

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Nina!!
    love the flower...so crisp and clean.Your background stamp is just perfect for it.
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Nina! I love the emboss resist doilies and the beautiful Kanzashi flower! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and AMAZING flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! This is STUNNING! I love that flower and love what you did with the doily stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they are beautiful!!! Looks a bit like a magnolia with the big beautiful ivory petals. GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you decided to try it! What a gorgeous card, Nina! That flower is incredible - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very pretty. I want to try this now. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your flower is amazing!! your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, nina, this is one beautiful card:) the flower looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nina! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! gorgeous card!! that flower is fab!! off to check out the video!! =) thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sooo pretty!!! love the background and the bloom is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and gorgeous flower. I love the emboss resist with the doily. wowza!Very stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Nina!!! This is Gorgous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous detail you created, Nina. I've got to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this, Nina!

    Jeannie makes tiny Kanzashi flowers into rings for her girlfriend's birthdays. They are a huge hit. I've made them with her, such fun! I love your creative idea to put it on a card, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails