I am so glad to introduce you to my next Designing Friend this month, Michelle Woerner. She has a beautiful and elegant style that I just love. Look at what she created with my latest stamp sets by GinaK Designs, Fine Furnishings and Fine Furnishings Addition. She has a way with bows, and an eye for color and design.
Let's get to know her a little bit.
1. How long have you been paper crafting and how did you get started?
Just over 3 years ago, I answered an ad off Craigslist to buy some scrapbook paper, and while I there I saw her lovely handmade Christmas cards. She said she made them using stamps from a company called Stampin’ Up!. This was a novel idea to me, I never knew people MADE their own cards?! How funny THAT is now -LOL! The rest is history as they say.
2. What are your current favorite:
- Techniques -Die cutting shapes, I love my Nestabilities!!
- Tools -My 5x7 paper cutter from Creative Memories, with all my trimming and tinkering for each card, I go through one every 6 months -LOL!
- embellishments -RIBBON!!
A card can be a WOW card in many ways. With CAS cards, a WOW could be a well placed trio of bling. With layered cards, a WOW could be layering with the perfect border punch, or something. After I finish a card, I step away then come back and ask myself if anything could be removed or added.
4. What inspires you to create? Define your crafting style.
I create cards because I MUST craft everyday! It truly is my passion. I love the of completing a card, and I love sharing my cards with friends and family. My style has changed a couple times over the years. Right now, I would say my crafting style is CAS-ish.
5. Tell us something about your family. Where are you from? Other interests besides paper crafting. Or any random fact about you.
I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband of 7 years, Bill and my 2 sons Daniel (6) and Ryan (4.5). Right now it's hard to have any other interest other than my family and cards. But I will say that I am a TV buff. I love TV shows and watch them all -DVR is my best friend!