Fifteen years ago today, my happily ever after began when I married this godly, amazing man. He is truly my best friend and confidant, my #1 supporter and protector, the father of my beautiful children and the love of my life. Our love story is a true testimony of God's goodness and grace.
Back in college, I never thought I would get married. I thought my standards were too high that I would never find a man I would want and I didn't want to settle for anyone less. And I thought if I were to find a man like my ideal, he wouldn't want to marry me with all my faults. Well, the first time I met Kris, I knew he was the type I would marry. He is smart, handsome, dignified and silly at the same time (he had to be being a youth ministry intern). Little did I know that 2 years later, he would be the man I would marry and my life adventure began.
He is wonderful in big ways.
- He loves me in spite of my faults.
- He encourages me when I need lifting up. Nobody can make me laugh better than he does.
- He works hard to provide for his family, so I don't have to work outside the home.
- He leads his family in a God-honoring way. He leads by serving.
- He instructs his girls God's Word.
- He treats me and the girls the way ladies should be treated, like back when chivalry was the norm.
- He publicly expresses his affection to me and the girls.
- He treasures God's Word and thankful that he gets to study and teach it for a living.
- During the cold winter months, he will lay down on my side of the bed first so it's warm by the time I get there.
- He will make sure we have enough necessities (you can't have too many spares of toilet papers in a house full of girls) before he goes out of town for work.
- When he travels to the US, He will leave his stuff there so he can squeeze in more stamping supplies for me and more princess goodies for the girls.
- He is not afraid to cry, even when watching touching movies.
- He will sit through Princess movies to spend time with the girls.
- He will listen and gets really involved with my stamping adventures.
So when Laura, owner of Layers of Color and who also took the photo above, approached me to create a sentiment/text set with this I Cor 13 in mind, I was very excited. And how special that I get to preview it for you on our wedding anniversary. My card below uses The Love Chapter clear art stamp set (avail Jan 17). I used my hubby's favorite colors because this card is for him.
Don't forget to join us for the Layers of Color New Release Blog Hop on Monday where there will be prizes and lots of inspiration. The new stamps will also be available for purchase then. I hope you can join us.