Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Weeping With Those Who Weep

Hi, friends! I apologize for having been quiet around here. As many of you are, my family and I have also been tremendously grieved by the tragic events that took place in Newtown, CT. It's a place that is close to our hearts as we have many great friends living there which we have had the privilege to enjoy visiting in the past. 

My prayers are with those dear people affected by it. I cannot imagine what they are going through, but thankfully there is a God who does. It's a sad world we live in, but how comforting that we can have hope in Christ, who is able to give unimaginable comfort amidst unspeakable evil.

I gathered here some links, sources of encouragement and comfort that I hope you will find helpful.

Weeping With Those Who Weep, a great article written by our friend Joey who is a pastor in Newtown.

An insightful commentary, Rachel Weeping for Her Children, by one of my favorite preachers, Dr. Al Mohler. 

A Pastoral Response to the Newtown Massacre, a 5-min audio by Dr. John MacArthur

Safe in the Arms of God, an excellent book that offers biblical comfort to parents grieving the loss of their little ones.

Every day is a gift from the Lord. Hug your precious kids a little tighter and a little longer. I know I do!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, I think I will order the book, I have many questions on the Salvation of children and have never found, what I felt, satisfactory answers from people I have asked, but my husband really rates John McArthur so its worth a read. Have you heard about the Drawn Together project? check out www.damasklove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this list! Having just lost my husband, I sort of understand the questions these sweet moms and dads may have. I'm praying this list will get to them and God will encourage their hearts and His comfort and strength sustain them as they grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I think you made various good points in features also.
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the list. It is still hard for me to not think about these kids and teachers because I am a teacher and mother. My prayers are with all those feeling the pain this tragedy has created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails