Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Vintage Cards with Quietfire Designs Cut Files

I am guest posting for Quietfire Designs this month. Today, I am highlighting the QFD cut files that you can purchase HERE. These cut files are so delicate and I was afraid my Silhouette wouldn't cut them right, but was I wrong! I love their elegant design and they make a great focal point.
QFD-Friends
My first card uses the Friend cut file and is vintage shabby with girly pink all over.  The doily is by SRM Stickers. I also embellished with a Spellbinders Moroccan die cut, Want2Scrap pearls, paper flower and seam binding.
QFD-Friends1
My second card is also vintage shabby, but milder on the girly scale (just my style). This time the focal point is the lovely Thank You cut file. I did some distressing and stitching on the edges and placed buttons to matched the strip of patterned paper (from Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes collection).
QFD-Friends2
I think this is the first time in a while that I didn't do any stamping on my cards. With these stunning Quietfire Design cut files, I didn't need to. The cut files added more dimension and a different look from my usual stamped cards. And I love the results! On Friday, I have another guest post for another favorite company that offers so many different products I love.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love your cards Nina. Those SRM Doilies are just your style. Need more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I really love the piece you have behind friend. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Nina - love the pink one in particular!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards stand out with those cut files. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails