Wednesday, October 28, 2009

GinaK Previews First Christmas and Vintage Borders

Welcome to the second day of GinaK Designs previews. Today, we will be showing Asela Hopkins' First Christmas set and my new Vintage Borders set.

For the first card, I stamped the musical score stamp from Vintage Borders with Vivid Olive on Soft Sand CS. I stamped the cardinal image from the First Christmas set directly on the card front. The pine needles were colored with Memento Cottage Ivy, the bird with Copic. Other supplies used are a button from the Holiday Button Assortment and the red organdy sheer ribbon. I scored a few lines on the bottom for added effect. You can click on the images for a larger view.

This next uses the cute bear from the set. I colored it with Copics and mounted with foam tape on this girly Christmas card.

The next cards feature my new set, Vintage Borders, which has 10 images: 1 sentiment, 1 verse and 8 border images that you can stamp side by side to create longer borders. Five of the border images are not specific for Christmas, so you can use this set all year as well. These border stamps are also great to make your own backgrounds, as seen in the first card and below.

This is a clean and simple card with a fun, eclectic background that's easily mass produced.

The monochromatic cards below are also easily mass produced. The ornaments were stamped three times to create the longer border, then colored with different shades of the same color Copic markers. The "peace" sentiment is my own handwriting and is one of the stamps in Vintage Borders. The scallop border is also from this set (you saw this from yesterday's post).

This one uses Green Apple and Fresh Asparagus.

This uses Cranberry Tart and Stampin' Up's Pink Pirouette.

Finally, this one uses In The Navy and SU's Bashful Blue.


Make sure you stop by Asela's blog, then continue with the hop. The Center Stage Spotlight Designers joining tonight: Deb Felts, Sharri Seffens, Melissa Cash. Finally, stop by these GinaK Designers' blog for even more projects with tonight's stamp sets: Gina Krupksy, Carolyn King, Cathy Tidwell, Cindy Lawrence, Donna Baker, Erika Martin, Emily Giovanni, Jessica Fick, Kurtis Amundson, Lee Murphy, Lynn Mercurio, Melanie Muenchinger, Tami Mayberry, Theresa Momber

Our Release party will be held Thursday night over on SCS in GinaK's Forum from 7-10 pm CST. We'd love to have you join in the fun! There will be contest questions, challenges, chatter, and lots more samples from our designers throughout the party! See you then!

Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. Nina...these are so creative and lovely! I love your new set and can't wait to use it!! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Nina! This set is FABULOUS!!!!! It's like you read our minds!!!!! The music is just fabulous! I am SO buying that! And the ornaments! They are perfect!!!!! I can't wait to own this set!!!!! Now I can do my Christmas cards this year! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nina, these are beautiful! I love the each one of them! I have been having so much fun with your new set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are just so gorgeous Nina! I love how you showed all the different colors like that, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Love that music BG!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness those borders stamps will be on everything on my work table! These were amazing cards! I can't wait to get the set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina! I LOVE your borders set! I love the music border especially, and I know that it will see lots of use! The whole set is awesome, and it's already got me singing Messiah chorus!

    You've been really busy making all these gorgeous monochromatics and all the rest! Every one is wonderful! Shows how versatile these sets are! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Nina - such awesome samples...all are wonderful examples of the vast possibilities of this set. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Examples of your new set--I think this is just going to be awesome! Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nina---your set is awesome. LOVE how you showcased it. I have lots of ideas for it. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your monochromatic cards -- each one is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Nina, These are stunning! I love each and every one of them. I cannot decide which one I like best at all. Thank you for creating this gorgeous set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nina, your cards are gorgeous! Have I told you how excited I am about this set? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! I can see so many possibilities already! I also love that verse - thanks! I don't have it from any other company!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are incredible, Nina!! Love them. Your borders are wonderful! What a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Total JAW dropping here Nina!!!!!!! What fabulous designs..........the card that showcases all of the borders is amazing!!!! And the set of colorful ornament cards....genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I don`t know what I like best! Amazing creations all over here! Super cards, Nina!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Vintage Borders set looks like it's going to be my very first puchase from GinaK's!!

    Any chance you'll tell us the piece of music in the music border?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new set is wonderful, Nina! All of your preview projects are so beautiful! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, Stunning Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nina, Your new set is GORGEOUS!!! And your cards are absolutely amazing.. each and everyone. To say stunning is an understatment. Brillance.

    Hope you're having a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I especially like these monochomatic cards; they are very striking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards Nina -- I love the border images (particularly the ornaments) and these all look so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this stamp set Nina and cannot wait to order it!! Love all of the possibilities with it and love the vintage looks I have seen :o) Is it Thursday night yet?

    ReplyDelete
  25. This post was jam packed with so much amazing stuff I am just overwhelmed with all the gorgeous creations!! You are super talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This set is absolutely stunning. You have outdone yourself on this one. Simply and elegantly beautiful!! I have already finished my Christmas cards, now I have to do some more with this set. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nina -- I am so excited about your new set. My head is spinning with ideas of how I'm going to use it. I can't wait to be able to get my hands on it. Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Nina, all your card are amazing!! Beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nina your cards are all gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful set, Nina! Your cards are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nina!! You've been BUSY! I LOVE all the projects you've shared tonight - especially your monochromatic note card gift set! What a beautiful set they each are!

    You KNOW I love your work and I'm so thrilled you're on the GKD illustrator team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. the color combos are so cool! Thanks for showing all the colors. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  33. All I can say is oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!!! So many wonderful ideas on how to use Vintage Borders! You're amazing, Nina!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails