Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy brithday Flower

Something exciting happened last night...my girls tasted their very first Peeps! A friend is visiting from America and brought us some. I'm personally not a big fan, and I think my girls are like me. My policy is always, if I'm going to waste calories, I'd rather waste them on chocolate :-).

Today's card uses a technique that I learned from the Hero Arts blog called Stamp Layering. This card took me more than the usual 30 minutes or less, but I really enjoyed the process. The layering was inspired by LilyPad's Sunday Video. You need to check it out.

I used Hero Arts' Big Flower Pattern clear set and Envelope Pattern stamp, which I stamped on the polka dot patterned paper. The sentiment is SRM WGYS Happy. The green papers are by October Afternoon. The kraft patterned papers are Basic Grey Kraft.

The brown layers are patterned papers, while the green layer is stamped then colored with Copic markers. I used my new favorite white cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest, for Copic coloring that my friend Asela sent me. It blends so well. I'm entering this to Copic Creations challenge to use our favorite paper for coloring.

The colors are inspired by the Play Date Cafe's challenge. And I'm also entering this to Scrapbook & Cards Today's current challenge.
Link
Happy Birthday flowers
Here's a close up shot to show the different layers.
Happy Birthday flowers detail
Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nina!!! That flower really came to life with that layering! I love green and grey color combo too. Thanks for linking our Sunday Video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Nina!!! love the stamped flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Nina! I love the papers you chose and the layered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome color combination Nina, and I love those layered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeps...not a fan either but they sure look fun:)

    I adore your card Nina...love all the colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. peeps, yuck:) card, wonderful! love the grey and your flowers are awesome, nina! thanks for the link to the video--off to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nina, what a pretty card!!
    xxx
    Dutch Tulip
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! I love the papers and the flowers. Thanks for your comment on Moxie Fab World!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peeps...yum! (Which is why you are a petite and I'm not!!!) But, can you imagine a chocolate covered peep??? Mmmmm.....! Great card, Nina! I'll have to try that technique. The colors are perfect together too! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Nina! I love this fresh palette and the way you brought so much depth to the card with those layers ;)
    TFS, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Nina!! I LOVE the green and the gray! Those papers are super gorgeous! You always make the most gorgeous creations! Thanks for joining in the fun over at the PDCC:) You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pretty! Glad your girls got to try peeps. My daughter was going to save one in a ziploc, because papa told her they had so many preservatives that they would last for 10 years. Well, the dog got it the next day...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Nina I just LOVE this card!!! Thanks for joining us again at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the subtle envelope pattern on the background. this is fabulous, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Nina, your cards are always a delight to the eyes! You've done a marvelous job with our colors, those flowers are just way too cute and are coordinated fabulously! Love the stitching and the twine/button accents, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ever so pretty, Nina! LOVE those rumpled flowers and gorgeous, patterned papers! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun and fabulous... in the usual beautiful Nina style! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card, NIna!
    I'm not one for peeps either. I'm a total cookie fan, so if a cookie is shaped like a peep, yummie!
    I love your new blog look! It's fresh and cheerful...very Nina! I'm SO happy for your new creative direction!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, those flowers are so perfectly paired with that polka dot paper. What a great modern feeling card. So glad you played along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love this card! I'm a Hero Arts fan... that blossom against that gorgeous paper is fab!

    I'm with you... not a Peeps fan myself. Give me chocolate any day. Maybe Jelly Beans. Oh, and Spice Drops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the playful, fun feel of the polka dots with the cute flowers! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nina, you've made your layered flower images look beautiful. So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card! The layering adds so much dimension and makes the flower more life like. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails