Look at what she's done with my Nana's Needlework and Sentiments sets:
And she paper pieced this quilt! Wow, amazing, isn't it? I love her attention to detail.
1. How long have you been paper crafting and how did you get started?
I have been stamping for 18 years. I got started by taking a class at a little stamp store and the rest is history. As a little girl, I love coloring and playing with paper. Even then I needed to have every color of Crayon that was made. :) Kind of like my Copics today!
2. What are your current favorite:
- Techniques : I guess you could call me a layering junkie! I love, love cards that have lots of layers.
- Tools: I don't think I could make a card without my Cuttlebug, Spellbinders dies or my Scor-It. I consider good adhesive a tool as well and some of my favorites are my Scotch ATG gun, Scor-Tape and Glue Dots. Oh, I can't forget my Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Twinkling H20's either.
- embellishments : rhinestones, ribbon, glitter and buttons, I love them all!
A wow card to me is any card that I see either in person or online that I wish I could pick up and touch. Usually these are the cards that are layered and embellished alot such as cards created in a vintage style.
4. What inspires you to create?
- My love of stamping and papercrafting,
- All of the amazing blogs/designers on the internet. Everyday, I fall in love with a new card!
5. Tell us something about your family. Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Central California. I have been married to my best friend for almost 24 years and we have two sweet, wonderful sons. We also share our home with two terrier mix furbabies. We live in a rural area near Yosemite National Park and I am so blessed to be living the life I have been given. Other interests besides paper crafting. I like to read (although I haven't done much of it lately) and I aspire to be a world traveler some day. My hubby says " I have one foot in the road at all times", I like to say "have passport, will travel"
Or any random fact about you. I have never been to the circus, because I don't like clowns. I think clowns are so scary! Also, I am a tried and true warm weather girl, I am happiest when the sun is shining.
6. Do you have a favorite quote/verse that you live by?
I don't know if I have a quote that I live by, but I do have a couple that I really love. 1. “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; –Psalm 84:11 2. The better part of life, consists of its friendships; -Abraham Lincoln