Friday, November 11, 2011

LOC Sneak Peek: My favorite card!

I've been enjoying making cards with the new release sets by Layers of Color (available Nov 16!). I believe this is my favorite of what I've made so far. I used the Dotted Dahlias (flower and leaves), Elegant Labels (label frame) and Dotted Peonies (verse) on this card.The label frame was die cut using Spellbinders Labels 10.
The Earth full
I had so much fun making this layered dahlia, which you can see better here. I used seam binding for a bow, but didn't scrunch it up. I like that it's so soft and feminine.
The Earth detail
Here's a close up of the flower, which was colored with Copic markers.
The Earth flower detail
I hope you will join us for the new release hop on Nov 16th! It will surely be full of inspiration and prize giveaways! Have a great weekend!
Photobucket


11 comments:

  1. Just saw this on Fb. It's simply gorgeous Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina this is a stunner - I love all the elements, but the way you have added dimension to the Dahlia is fabulous. i am so looking forward to seeing the full release.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft elegance in this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming!! Love that bright dahlia layered up and contrasting with the soft pink, cream and baby blues. . vintage loveliness! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly beautiful! Such soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH this is gorgeous! love the soft colors and all the layers of your flower, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the soft pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is stunning Nina. Love the colours and that flower is soooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card...now I need to iron out all of my seam binding ribbon, sigh. Love how straight it is and not crinkly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails