Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Altered Notebooks

Hi, friends! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration. We certainly did. We fried turkey in our makeshift fryer and they turned out great. I prepared all the all-American fixin's like sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, cornbread dressing and cheesecake for dessert! We invited some of our Croatian friends who tasted many of these for the first time and they loved it! It was a great day to spend with our church family and friends.

I'm slowly getting back to normal schedule, but it's hard when my girls are home and we just want to watch videos and/or play games all day in our jammies! For today's project, I have some altered Ikea notebooks that I gave away as gifts this Christmas. Excuse the not-so-good photos, but I was in a hurry to take these before the recipients arrived :).
Notebooks
Here are close up shots of these covers. I just glued some old October Afternoon papers, put some fancy big ribbons, stamped some Spellbinders-coordinating stamps (LOC's Elegant Labels and TCM's Season's Greetings) and added Want2Scrap Nestabling.
Notebook 2
These verse and quote are some of my favorites, from LOC's Encouragement set. For this one below, I tucked in a Fancy Tag die that is cut in half.
Notebook 1 
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. They're beautiful, Nina! I love the verse and the quote!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books are gorgeous! A great place to jot down thoughts and such. Happy holidays!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely beautiful!! You always inspire me!! Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful, Nina! I'm sure the recipients will love them! Glad you had a wonderful family Christmas celebration! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful covers, Nina, and I am sure they must have been appreciated.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH NINA---these are GORGEOUS covers! LOVE the colors and the ribbon is SUPER beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful color combos, nina! wishing you a happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails