Wednesday, December 7, 2011

TCM Dec Release Blog Hop

Thank you for joining The Craft's Meow crew these last few days as we showcased the new sets that are being released today at the TCM Store. If you are following the hop and came here from Michelle's blog, then you're at the right place. You can check out the list of participants' on the TCM blog.

I have a card and a quick gift to make today. First, I made this shabby To Do List notepad to take along with you on your purse. I don't know about you, but I still prefer to write down my lists, even though I have a gadget that would store them electronically. I always have a little notebook or notepad in my purse in case I need to jot down to-do lists, or shopping needs, or ideas. I designed my Lovely Labels 18 with this in mind. And it coordinates with Spellbinders Labels 18 dies for easy cutting.

How I Made the Cardstock Cover: Supplies Listed Below
I first measured my notepad. I bought mine at Ikea (1 Euro for 3 pads) and it measures 2-3/4" (Width) x 7-1/2" (Length) x 1/4" (Thickness). I calculated the width of how much cardstock I need for the cover with this formula: [2 x Width] + Thickness + 3/8" (1cm). For the length, I just added 1/4" (0.6 cm).
To Do List
My cardstock cover measured approximately 6-1/4" x 7-3/4". I scored (using my trusted ScorPal) at 3" and 3-1/4". I decorated the front with Melissa Frances papers, buttons and lace. I wrapped a ribbon around and adhere the back and part of the front (making sure I left a small portion on the front without adhesive, so I could rest the bow on it when closing the notepad). The 1/8" ScorTape is perfect for this. I stamped my label and "To-Do List" and decorated it with some more shabby Want2Scrap Nestabling. This was so easy to make and mass produce for stocking stuffers or customized gifts for anybody on your list. I'm entering this to the ScorPal Last Minute Gifts Challenge.
To Do List Note
My card below uses Lovely Labels 18 again, along with Sent With Love and All You Need is Love sets. It was a cold day when I made it and reminisced about our summer vacation and the warm sunshine. So I went for bright colors to fit my mood that day :).
I Heart You
And don't forget to enter the giveaway on the TCM blog! TCM is also having a clearance sale:
  • LaBlanche Stamps - 25% off!!
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads, Re-inkers and Stains - 25% off!!
  • Maya Road, Pink Paislee, Echo Park and My Mind's Eye - 50% off!!!
  • Little Frieda & Friends stamp sets - 50% off!!!
  • Crate Paper and Graphic 45 - 60% off!!!
Photobucket

45 comments:

  1. Such beautiful projects! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW...your talent truly has NO end! Love both the notepad and the card...and I ADORE both of the new stamp sets you designed...they are MUST HAVES! I must admit that I also just placed a hefty order over at LOC and they were mostly (if not ALL) your designs...

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stamps, gorgeous projects - and I'm a happy crafter when I am on the same wavelength as someone with your talent Nina!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work - I'm falling in love with the Lovely Labels set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the first project with the little pearls and buttons. So soft and sweet.....calming, for a to do list that often makes us quite harried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color combo in the second one. The bow looks very intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful projects!!! Love the notepad!!! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that notepad is pure brilliance! LOVE the card, these stamps would be so fun to own! Hope I win :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "to do list" note pad and gorgeous card! Your stamps are just beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO pretty! Your creations are stunning and you are one talented stamp designer! Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. i adore your labels 18 stamps, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i will use your labels stamps again and again, nina! love them and your sweet silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love the new labels stamps!!! Beautiful notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really loved your project. It's ver lovely all decorated and your card turned out beautiful too.
    Have a great day :D
    Briana C.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful projects, Nina! I love the blues and yellow together. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous pair of projects. Those labels are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous projects. that label stamp is a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful projects! I love your notepad too! I like the skinny look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how pretty. I love the colors, papers, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the notepad and card (Lovely Labels 18 is my favorite from this release)!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are "swoonable", Nina ;) So pleased to see that your labels will work in my newest set of Nesties! Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. these are beautiful! I would love to carry around such a sweet notebook

    ReplyDelete
  23. I totally agree about the notes! I have 3 seperate notebooks in my purse, each for a different portion of my life! Family, groceries/cooking, and crafts! I need to combine into one really sweet little one like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects. I'm always in need of a to-do list. I need to give your idea a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great idea for the notepad and yours is so pretty. Cool card too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very elegant to do list--I like the musical paper. Great colors on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your list notepad very pretty! If I have one like that I will not write anything. hahaha! I love your card color great combination.

    Luanne
    craftersreference.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. OHHHH! That notepad is SUPER gorgeous--I LOVE the lace! And your card--oh my! Took my breath away:) You always knock my socks off, Nina;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both projects are wonderful, and yet so different from each other! Love that notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous designs Nina!! Love your to do list and the sentiment on your card is so SWEET!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your projects are beautiful. I absolutely love your notepad! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful and elegant as always. fabulous work, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your stamps Nina. You're a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colors on your note pad: who wouldn't love to receive it as a gift?!! Beautiful job on the stamps that you created for this release too!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. my to do list (s) are way long but I heart both your projects a TON!! :) just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nina, your stamp set is stunning.. I absolutely love it and I do already have the spellbinder labels 18.. I think it's a must...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails