Monday, December 19, 2011

Lilies as Poinsettias

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was busy, but fun. The best surprise was to see a Kentucky Fried Chicken's first franchise in Croatia in our favorite mall! I know that is not a big deal to you all in the US, but for us who only have had McDonald's for the last 10+ years, this is a welcome change. We rarely ate at KFC when we lived in the US, but it's nice to have something new that's familiar. We haven't been, just because there were literally 100 or so people in line. I hope this is the first of many US restaurants coming to Croatia. I'm still wishing for a Panda Express or PF Chang's... :)

Today's card is one I made a year or so ago, but never shared here. It uses some Gina K Designs stamps and October Afternoon papers. These flowers were actually lilies and I colored them to look more like poinsettias.
Merry Christmas
If you missed it last week, I shared a download for printable tags. I embellished them with ribbons, lace and whatever was on my desk at the time. Here are two I made, one using a Santa image form The Graphics Fairy. I'm entering this to their Brag Monday challenge.
Tags 1
Click on the tag graphics below to download.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and tags, Nina! Thank you so much for the lovely tags!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute tags!

    Visiting from GraphicsFairy BRAG MONDAY linky party,
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lilies as poinsettias!! BEAUTIFUL--as always:) Merry CHRISTmas, Nina!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very clever--the lilies do look like poinsettia, nina! lovely card and tags! tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love the sweet poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails