Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Easy Shabby Cards

Here's another set of mass-produced cards I made that are more on the shabby side. I used my Heirloom Ornaments and Vintage Borders stamp sets, Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather papers and SRM Stickers Sentiments Happy Holidays.

This is what I did:
  • I cut the coordinating 12 x 12 double-sided papers into 4 x 5.25 sheets (I got 6 from one 12 x 12 sheet with small strips leftover for other projects).
  • I cut each small sheet on the 2" mark. I used the purple side for the bottom of the card and flipped the paper strip for the top portion.
  • I inked all the edges of the strips and card front using Distress Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.
  • Die cut the Spellbinders Lacey Circles and ink edges. Stamp text background stamp.
  • Stamp world, then die cut or punch out (I used a 1-3/4 circle punch).
  • Tie bow to hide seam between two papers.
  • Adhere sticker sentiment.
To make it all go faster. I did one step at a time for all the cards. So, I inked all the edges of the pieces at the same time. I cut all the paper strips and sheets for all my cards. My kids even helped with making these. They love die cutting and punching out stamped images. They could have helped with inking the edges, too. It's more fun when it's a group effort. :-)

Mass produced cards World detail
Mass produced cards World
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. These are great, I adore this paper pack. I love it when the kids help, it makes those cards all the more special! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! I always loved working on projects with my girls too! So much fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails