Friday, December 10, 2010

A new color combo for me...

Today's card is for the StampTV's Color Spotlight Challenge. I would never have picked combining the colors this week: white, Vibrant Violet and Fresh Asparagus; but that's what's fun about challenges. They inspire you to try new things.

I used my Hugs and Prayers and Lovely Labels 2 sets for my card. The papers are Pink Paislee Old School and my Vintage Basics digital papers. The ribbon is my hand-dyed seam binding. Speaking of bindings, my girls and I had fun yesterday coloring more of them. You should have seen my rainbow hands. Oh, but the results are so pretty. I may have to share some with you. Stay tuned for a Christmas giveaway soon on my blog!

STVCSP5 Just for You
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. This is PERFECT! What a GORGEOUS colour combo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nina this is just beautiful. I need to find my paper doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Nina! I love the doily and the beautiful dyed binding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nina, I just found your blog through Christina over at http://mypapersecret.blogspot.com/ and love your cards they are all just gorgeous!!!!I'm now a follower:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is breathtaking Nina - you have made the colour combination just shine - so stunning! I love your doily and the gorgeous hand dyed seam binding - it is divine!! Thanks for more inspiration and a treat for the eyes! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the funky color combo Nina!! Love how much Vintagy stuff you have been producing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color combo turned out beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab color combo -- love the flowers with the doily framing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is gorgeous and I like the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love your card. I've been seeing seam binding used on so many cards lately. What is it normally used for and where can I buy it? I think it looks so fabulous!
    Kind regards, Jennifer Ferrell
    http://ferrellgraph-x.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Nina these are GORGEOUS colors together! I have long loved these together! Love your seam binding! I need to learn how to get mine more vivid! Do you use ink or glimmer mists? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Nina, this is one beautiful card - and yes, those colours do 'work' - think violets in spring and add snow, God uses those colours together all the time :-)
    blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. so very pretty with that white doily on the vintage and distressed scallop die cut with the image. That ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love green and purple together,,,,,always reminds me of lavender in the fields...this card looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous Nina! Beautiful! And I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails