Saturday, February 6, 2010

Card Patterns Sketch #50

We are snowed in today and more snow is in the forecast tomorrow. My husband braved it to get some groceries for us. On his way home, the car started sliding slowly backwards. We live up on a hill, so snowy days could be a challenge. I am thankful because God protected him and Kris was able to park the car safely halfway down. He had to take a couple of trips to carry the groceries up to our house, but it could have been worse. What a good family man! I'm blessed, aren't I?

I was able to do some stamping today, getting ready for the GinaK previews starting Sunday night at 10PM, CST. I can't wait to show you my latest set.

My card for today uses Card Pattern's sketch #50.

Our sponsor is this week is none other than my good friend, Joni, who is the artist behind the Inktegrity digital stamp store. The adorable whale image on my card is illustrated by her. I had so much fun making this card. Joni is offering a $10 gift certificate to one participant to this week's sketch.

The card base is GinaK Rocket Red. The DP is October Afternoon Farm Fresh. The sentiment is from my Heartily Yours Additions.

I hope you can join us at Card Patterns this week. Have a safe weekend.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that DH is safe and that you have groceries in! We also live on a hill that is shaped like a question mark. We get just to the point where it starts to curve, and down we slide. We often park halfway down! So much fun!!! What an adventure, right? Your card is simply adorable! What a happy image, and your bright colors almost make me think it is spring! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and what a wonderful sketch, hope I can play before the weeks up!! Blessings!

    Glad all are safe and sound and WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so cute Nina!! I love that adorable little whale! Great job with it and the sketch!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to hear that you husband got home safely!

    this is adorable!! love that you used the label shape inside the circle! wonderful design. i love love love this!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pattern! Love the shading on Mr. Whale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Card! i love the bright colors!

    hugs,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are all safe and well - seems this crazy weather is everywhere!! Sydney had 8inches of rain on Saturday - amazing!!
    Love your card Nina - the whale is cute as!!!
    Good luck with your next stamp release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo glad that your hubby is okay...I dread driving in the snow...blech.

    Your card is sooo sweet...love that whale!

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina, I'm glad your DH made it safely. And what a champ! carrying the groceries up... not once. But a couple of times.
    Now about the cute, cute, cute whale card. It is delightful The paper and the stitching totally rock for the image the buttons are a perfect addition and your coloring. lovely as always. you've made it pop!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails