Tuesday, February 9, 2010

GinaK Designs Feb 2010 Previews, Day 2

I am delighted to show you two cards today featuring Melanie's newest, Pressed Flowers, and Rupa's adorable Oh Baby! sets.

I was so excited when I saw Pressed Flowers for the first time because Melanie's A Year of Flowers is probably my favorite of all her sets. I love coloring the images in A Year of Flowers and it's a great go-to set for all occasions. Pressed Flowers are silhouette of the same images that don't require coloring. So when pressed (no pun intended :-)) for time, I can whip up elegant and beautiful cards quickly. This card took no more than 15 minutes to make. The sentiment is from my new set previewing on Wednesday night.

My next card uses Rupa's newest baby set, Oh Baby! And oh baby, let me tell you, it's just adorable. I've been wanting a set like this for a loooong time. In my ever growing collection of stamps, if you can believe it, I don't have a baby set (except a very old Stampin' Up set that's foam mounted - do you remember those?). And Oh Baby! has so many darling images that are fun to color and paper piece.

I did the tole technique on the teddy bear in this set, using Oct Afternoon Farm Fresh. The card base is Sweet Corn. The green polka dot patterned paper is from my new digipapers, Swing Into Spring.


Here's the close up of the layered bear. You can click on the photo to get a bigger view.
As I mentioned above, the Pressed Flowers stamp set was designed to be a perfect companion to Melanie's A Year of Flowers set! It is also a perfect stand alone set as each bold stamp image lends itself to many techniques as you will see on each designer's blogs tonight!

Start with the Illustrator's blog Melanie Muenchinger and then visit these designer's blogs for even more samples with this stamp set and Rupa Shevde's O Baby Stamp set as well!

Gina Krupsky
Jessica Fick *
Theresa Momber
Carolyn King
Cathy Tidwell
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Kurtis Amundson
Donna Baker
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Bev Gerard
Suzanne Dean *

* also previewing the new Card Kit Stamp set: Spring Florals

Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. these bright yellow flowers with the lattci edge and pop of black is dazzling1 awesome design!

    love the dimensional gingham bear!

    pressed for time, bwahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWza!
    YOUR two cards are convincing me I neeeeed these sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, I adore the elegant floral card you've created ... the colors are super!
    The darling little bear card is absolutely noteworthy!! Love this!

    ~Bev
    www.savorthejourney.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first card is so soft and elegant and the second one is just adorable.....love it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards Nina! Your card designs are adorable with these images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute, Nina! and that idea with the bear is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower card is so elegant--I love it. But that baby card is just too much fun, love the paper piecing and dimension you've added!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of your cards!! Especially the bear, what a sweet set!! Your pressed flower card is so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, I just love this adorable bear you did, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that flower card is elegance personified!!!!!! And OMGosh is that checkered teddy bear precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, nina, LOVE that precious baby card with the teddy bear! just wonderful!

    and congrats on your papercraft win-that card was just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the first card is just stunning! just beautiful! and the second one is soooo cute! how did you do that, Nina!! you ROCK!!! congrats on your win at Paper Crafts! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I love the cute Baby Card and the Flowers are gorgeous! Congrats on your win, dear friend!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love both of these the teddy bear card is just so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Nina! Love the teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards, Nina! Your flower card is so elegant and the little bear is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. both are just drop dead gorgeous Nina! I really loving your paper pieced bear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your floral card is so elegant and love the baby one... So excited for this release :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nina, I adore that gingham bear! You have done a beautiful job with both cards! I love each of them - TFS...

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful flower..and love the sweet pieced bear--perfection
    !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nina!

    Musta?

    Beautiful baby card...

    Bear is my weakness.. I have a collection of more than 100 of bears-figurines, cross-stitches, plates, bags, stuff toys, mugs hehe!

    Ingat..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nina! You have such an eye for color and design! These cards tonight just make me so happy - they are so bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nina - your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love your Sympathy card...you can't go wrong with silhouette images and the bear card is just the cutest!!!

    Hope you guys are staying safe& warm with all this snow??? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nina, both cards are wonderful!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nina,
    I love the cards, but that teddy bear card it just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Nina...these cards are just lovely. I love your color choices and design layouts...they are all just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow! gorgeous flower card and too cute paper-pieced and toled bear!! eeeks

    ReplyDelete
  28. both cards are beautiful! LOVE them--so creative:) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Flowers are wonderful and the baby cards is priceless. I especially like the sewing, paper piecing and dimensional effect of the card. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The cards you've shown here are amazing. Love the flowers the colors and the gingham ribbon you put onto it. Stunning! And the bear... awwwwwwww. It's the cutest ever. Love how it has so much dimension. And the paper you used for it is perfect. I LOVE your new digi paper. You sure have outstanding taste and such an eye for color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Rupa's images! That card is so cute! And I'm in LOVE with your new digi paper! That is definitely going in my basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an amazing card, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails