Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lovely friend card and SRM Stickers Update

I am thrilled to introduce you to another of my designing friends,


She's so full of life and energy, as evidenced by her upbeat and colorful blog. She created this stunning card
using one of my Squigglefly images, A Lovely Friend:

Isn't that clever how she separated the butterfly image from the sentiment? It's a stunning creation! Here's a short interview I did with Savannah so you can get to know her better.

1. How long have you been paper crafting and how did you get started?

I have always been interested in art and crafts--my mother painted and was really good at sewing. I started making cards from scratch (no stamps, ink, etc.) in college. I would paper piece everything with construction paper! When I moved to Florida, I took a break and focused on teaching. My husband has been very supportive and encouraged me to start a business--my passion. I just recently resigned and took up crafting full time. I paper craft and sew--I would like to get into scrapbooking. I love love love it!

2. What are your current favorite:
  • Techniques--I really am so new to this--but I would say that I enjoy using the digital stamps and using the computer.
  • Tools-- Cricut, Embossing powder/gun, sewing machine
  • Embellishments-- Buttons, flocking, glitter, ribbon, EVERYTHING!

3. What makes a "WOW" card, in your opinion?

I know I've made a WOW card if I don't want to use it or give it away! I love both the clean and simple look, as well as the embellished over the top look. I think WOW cards can come in many different styles!

When I look at someone else's cards and think WOW...it is because they did something that I never would have thought about doing (i.e. using tulle for leaves, stitching and layering the papers, stamping several designs for a background, etc.). It makes me say, "I WISH I would have thought of that! How can I use that idea/paper/stamp in a different way!?"

4. What inspires you to create? Define your crafting style.

I am inspired by photos, magazines, blogs, challenges, design papers, new stamps, dreams-- just about anything! I'm not sure how to describe my crafting style--I would like to say it is shabby chic yet modern and full of love!

5. Tell us something about your family. Where are you from? Other interests besides paper crafting. Or any random fact about you.

My family consist of my husband of three years, Travis, and a Catahoula Leopard dog, Olsen Bebo. I am originally from Star City, Indiana--I grew up on a farm. Loved the country life, but after living in Germany to do my student teaching, I knew I needed to move. That is how I ended up in Florida. I love paper crafting and sewing, but I also enjoy singing. Travis and I are worship leaders at our church--he plays the guitar and sings with me.

One random fact about me is that my nickname is Jelly Bean. I always say, "You know what I mean?" and Trav started saying, "Jelly Bean" afterwards. It just stuck:}

6. Do you have a favorite quote/verse that you live by?

For life- Trav and I try to live by Ecc. 4:12b, "A cord of three is not quickly broken." For my business and other passions, I like to remember that it is all about the customer--I love to make people feel special, and when my cards [or other products] bring them happiness, smiles, and love...then I know that I've done the best I could.

Her card today has certainly brought me happiness, smiles and love. Thanks, Savannah. You will see more from her and I can't wait.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am so happy to announce that the SRM Stickers store is now open for retail purchase. Check it out HERE. Here is a sample at what they have in the store - awesome stuff! Imagine how many cards you can make from this Sticker Sentiment: Thank You sheet.

And check out my friend Kathy's card using it on the SRM Blog. While there, make sure you follow so you don't miss the happenings in the blog. And SRM is sponsoring the Caardvarks current challenge. Go check out what the Crew made with SRM sticker products.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Savannah ! Well chosen DT, Nina ! By the way, love your new blog look !

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK you, NINA!! I love this opportunity! I am working on more cards this weekend:) Such great images to work with! THANK YOU, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card by Savannah!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, stunning for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for DT, Nina!! I'm new to Savannah's blog but I sure have enjoyed seeing her creations. What a delight! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails