Saturday, March 31, 2012

Floral Frame

Hi, friends. I hope you are having a great Friday. Ours is wonderful because it's the beginning of Spring Break! We started by doing some spring cleaning. My girls weren't that thrilled, though, but this mama is happy to get some work done, so we can enjoy the rest of the week better.

Before I show you my card, I just was wondering if you've noticed the two new badges I have on my right sidebar? One of them is for the Lily Pad's 1st bday blog hop on Sunday and we're giving away tons of prizes from various companies. On Sunday, I will also be sharing my first project for the brand new bi-weekly challenge blog in town, Crafty Friends, which is headed by the super sweet Beate Johns. It's going to be fun!

I got to play with my new stamps and dies for today's card. The main image is from Penny Black's Flower Gallery set. As soon as I saw it, I knew it's something I'd use often. I made it look like a wall painting on my card below. That beautiful oval die is one of my favorites of the new Spellbinders dies. it's called Floral Ovals.
PB-Birthday
I love flowers and the sizes on this set are perfect for my (lack of) patience with Copic coloring :). It's an unusual color combo for me, but I picked the colors from the subtle background My Mind's Eye papers.The sentiment is from a retired set by Layers of Color, die cut with SB Ribbon Banner dies. I added some bling to the sides of the frame. They just seem to belong there :).
PB-Birthday-details3
This little flower is also one of Spellbinders new dies called Bitty Blossoms. I put a small bling in the center that is hard to see on the photo. I embossed the leaves and inked the raised parts.
PB-Birthday-details2
My sketch is inspired by Card Patterns. My card also follows the SSIC challenge this week. See you all back here on Sunday!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy spring break with your sweet girls, Nina! I know it will be a good time for you all :) Your card is just gorgeous! Oh my, it looks like it IS art, that's framed and ready to go on the wall. What a beautiful image, and you've colored it so elegantly. Love the die too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina this is amazing - love your colour choice and your colouring. The wee touches of yellow seem to make the flower centres really 'pop'. The bling is perfect there too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is absolutely fantastic. This is a really beautiful card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Nina! Love the flowers and your colouring is fabulous. Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...love the vibrancy of your colors with this large and gorgeous floral bloom!! Those spellbinders are really beautiful as well, the delicate intricacies of the frame just set your image off! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, this is gorgeous. I love the way you have those flowers colored. They are stunning. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning! love that set and your coloring is jaw dropping great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nina - just when you think it could not get any better - you go and do this to me11 Totally gorgeous Nina - love the colours and your colouring. The Bling is perfect framing the Die - such a great touch!! THank you for all of the inspiration and for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails