Saturday, March 17, 2012

TCM Previews: Beautiful Spring, Mother & Father

Welcome to The Craft's Meow's FIRST Birthday Celebration! We have lots of new and exciting things the next few days and I hope you can celebrate along with us.
I'm so glad you can join us today as The Craft's Meow's team previews two of my sets for March, Beautiful Spring and Mother and Father. Happy Spring is perfect for those who love to color. But even for those who don't, there are solid images in the set. I love to color, but don't always have the time to invest, so the solid images come in handy. Mother and Father is a sentiment set that honors our beloved parents, just in time for the upcoming Mother's Day and Father's Day celebrations.

For my first card, I stamped and colored the butterfly from Beautiful Spring with Copic markers in two hues. I did this previously on another butterfly and I received inquiries about how I did that. I'm no Copic expert (haven't had the opportunity to take a class since they don't come to Croatia :), but I will do a tutorial on this on a future post. The sentiments are from Mother and Father.
Beautiful-Spring-1
The lovely papers are My Mind's Eye. I stamped the line art flower image on the patterned paper. I die cut that border lace using Spellbinder dies. The gorgeous flourish bling is by Want2Scrap.
Beautiful-Spring-1detail
My second card is inspired by today's challenge, which is to create a card following this sketch, created by our very own Amy Tsuruta:
And here's my interpretation, using both Beautiful Spring and Mother and Father sets.I colored the flower and leaves with Copics. The papers are again My Mind's Eye.
Mother
Don't you just love that bling? I can't get enough of Want2Scrap products!
Mother-detail
We have tons of new exciting things going on with TCM, including some new members of the team. Please welcome these talented ladies with us:
Karen Baker (new illustrator)
Amy Wanford  (new DT member)
Jackie Rockwell  (new DT member)
Jen Cuthbertson (new DT member)
Amy Kolling (Guest DT for March)
Deborah Nolan  (Guest DT for March)
Of course, there will be prizes and other fun stuff going on as we celebrate TCM's birthday. Make sure you check out The Craft's Meow's Blog for more information on giveaways and more info about the challenges! Thanks for your visit!
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the way you use patterned paper, bling, stamps, coloring, and diecuts together and get a fantastic looking project- you have suh a good eye for what works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Nina. I LOVE the brilliant butterfly and the flower is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards Nina! I am in love with that big butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nina,
    As always.. your card look so beautiful in anyway.
    I love those butterfly & flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nina, that flower is amazing! Cannot WAIT to see the full set!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That butterfly is beautiful, the coloring is beautiful and I love the added button on it! Thanks so much!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Nina...love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nina...your stamps are incredible. Your cards are so gorgeous. You are one very talented lady and I love that I get to see your work. What a blessing the internet is! Thanks for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards and stamps! Live the colorin on the images, especially the butterfly and I love the doily on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Nina! Love these new sets of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards and love the stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards and your stamps are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! love the beautiful colors you used.
    So excited for you and the new sets.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!!! Love your colors & coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card and colouring Nina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card, gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! Your cards are BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE the colors and the details THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards and coloring of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the release of your two new sets Nina. They are both wonderful. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards with us today, as well as your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sooooooooooo beautiful! I recently bought my first Cat's Meow stamped designed by you and am sooo smitten with it! thank you so much! Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your beautiful cards have me wanting spring to well and truly arrive! Stunning!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are stunning Nina - and your colouring is amazing!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both stunning! Love your creations ....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails