Thursday, March 29, 2012

Positive & Negative Cards

I have been having fun with the technique of gluing strips of patterned papers, die cutting them and using both the negative and positive die cuts (see a previous post). I have made over a dozen cards with this technique as I try to use up my stash. I have a few to share with you today.

I wanted to use up my Echo Park papers, so I cut 6" long strips and glued them to a 6"x6" cardstock. I then cut them to 3"x6" panels and die cut the top portion. The first two cards were die cut using my Spellbinders' Home Sweet Home dies.
EP-Home
For this card, I mounted the whole panel with foam dots.
EP-Home1
I used the letter stickers that came with the EP paper kits for the sentiment on this one.
EP-Home2
Here are two more cards, which are 3"x6". I found a huge lot of coin envelopes, that are perfect for this size, on ebay a while ago at a good price. This size is good for inserting cash gifts.
EP-Flowers
This card uses the Spellbinders Layered Flowers dies that I also designed.
EP-Flowers1
This one is another one of my die designs, Aster Flower dies. I love how with simple cuts, you can create dimensional flowers!
EP-Flowers2
I'm entering this to the Moxie Fab Paper Scraps Challenge.
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cards!I need to do this, use the negative part of the dies. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these to pieces Nina....sooooooo pretty and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of the negative parts of the dies- I need to remember to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, Nina! Thanks for the inspiration - you are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards! I pinned your flower cards on pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards Nina. Love how you used the negative images. Especially loving the house shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Love that look. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are adorable...I love the idea of using up my stash and the use of the negative space on the card front is very creative and one I wouldn't have thought of! Thanks for sharing!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  9. How inspiring are these acrds - I am going to be using my leftover DP in a new way - thank you for the inspiration Nina - love it! The Negative Dies are always a favourite of mine - I just need to get them onto cards now and out of the scrap pile! Love the Dies you have designed - gorgeous!! Always something wonderful form you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Nina - I always hang onto my off cuts, so one day your inspiration will have results in my craft room.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards, love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to get my spellbinders out after seeing these beautiful cards. Love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Nina! Thanks again for linking up to the Paper Scraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails