Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No Greater Love

Today's card uses my brand new Easter set, No Greater Love, which is based on John 15:13. When I design Easter stamps, I have to make them majestic. As a Christian, this is the most important holiday for me. It recalls Christ's death on the cross, which shows His great love for undeserving people like me (Romans 5:8). And it celebrates His resurrection, which is a key event upon which my faith is strongly based. Christ conquered death just as He said (Matt 28:5) and that makes Him Lord of all.
NGL
When I was still unsure of Christianity, I remembered thinking that Christ was so different from other "gods" in that He came to serve and suffer for His people. While others demanded sacrifice, Christ sacrificed Himself for them. And truly there is no greater love (in its deepest meaning) than God Almighty, the Creator of the universe, humbled Himself to the point of death, so that we might have life. And you know what else is awesome (in the truest definition of the word)? That I will never be separated from this love (Romans 8:38-39)! This amazing truth is what gives me hope, that allows me to endure no matter what is set before me, and that makes life so wonderful!
NGL-details
Thanks for letting me share my heart with you today. You can read more about my faith from the tab above, What Matters Most to Me. For supplies on my card, I used My Mind's Eye papers, Spellbinders Labels 20. Now, I have more Echo Park cards to show you.
EP-Cards4
The sentiments are from my retired stamps by Layers of Color.
EP-Cards4a
EP-Cards4b
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love your cards Nina, and thank you for sharing your faith so clearly.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen!! Oh love of God, how strong and true, etneral and yet ever new! (Horatius Bonar) Thank you, Nina for your bold proclamation of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only One who is able to save to the uttermost!! Blessings!!! (Love your beautiful cards and design work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nina,
    Thank you for sharing your faith with your readers. Easter is indeed a time of great rejoicing. He is risen!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards and the wonderful talents God has given you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your testimony. It was a blessing to me.
    And I loved your beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards to share Christ's love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, thank you for sharing your love of Jesus Christ and what His death and resurrection means to you. As a believer, I too share your joy about what God has done and what this time of the year symbolizes.

    As for your work, it is truly awesome and I enjoy learning from you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails