Tuesday, December 15, 2009

GinaK Designs' Lovely Shelf Blog Hop

ETA: For another inspiration using Lovely Shelf and Rupa's Warm and Wonderful set, make sure you stop by Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger post today!

Welcome to the Lovely Shelf Blog Hop. Thank you for joining us today, amidst your busy holiday schedule. I hope you will find inspiration in the cards you will see during this hop that will motivate you to create during the Christmas break.

I wanted to show the versatility of Lovely Shelf by creating 2 types of cards. The first two are CAS (clean and simple) cards that took no more than 15 minutes to make. Here is one of them with the rose image. I stamped it on Ivory cardstock, then colored with Copics. I embossed the sentiment from the Elegant Post set and drew the lines with my Inkssentials white pen. The card base is Soft Sand. A little pearl is the only accent right where the lines intersect.

LS Blog Hop3

This one uses another flower image, as well as the sentiment, from the Lovely Shelf set.

LS Blog hop 2

The other style of cards that I've been trying to get better at making is the shabby chic style. I just love lace, ribbons, pearls and buttons that I'm naturally drawn to this style. My first card follows the colors from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry paper pack.

The card base is Ocean Mist. I sponged all my panels and card base, as inspired by the sponging-extraordinaire, Theresa Momber. It just adds softness to your card. The yellow flower was stamped with the quote from Theresa's Life is Good set. The swirly chipboard is by Tim Holtz. This may be the very first time I've ever used a chipboard on my card. It's sponged with Vintage Green Vivid ink.

LS Blog Hop

I wanted to make another card with the same layout using softer colors. Here I used K&Co Madeline paper pack. The card base is Soft Sand and the pink panel is SU's Regal Rose.

LS Blog hop 1

For more inspiration, make sure you visit these GinaK Designs DT blogs:

Jessica Fick

Donna Baker

Emily Giovanni

Lee Murphy

Melanie Muenchinger

Theresa Momber

Peggy Wainman {CSS designer}

Cheri Weston {CSS Designer}

And last, but certainly not the least, is my Guest DT:
Vanessa Menhorn

The StampTV Idea Center is also a valuable resource for tips, samples, and tutorials on how to use all of GinaK's stamp sets. Check out the Lovely Shelf stamp set discussion HERE. The Lovely Shelf Card Kit information can be found there as well.

And, finally remember to check in on GinaK's blog tonight to leave your comment on her Lovely Shelf post so that you can be entered to win Lovely Shelf or any of my stamp sets valued at $23.95 or less!

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Oh, I DO love shabby Chic and you've done it soooooo well with these cards!

    I LOVE your stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those gray cards are elegant, and so versatile. You are one talented lady. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Nina and love the Shabby Chic look! Love this new set of yours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are great, but I especially love the simple grey background cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing stamp set and amazing cards Nina. I really love the CAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woe1! Your cards are absolutely stunning! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Nina, what a BEAUTIFUL stamp set you've designed. Your cards using it are GORGEOUS...hip and homey at the same time (how did you do that?). Can't wait to get my hands on it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love, love your set and the shabby chic cards are wonderful. Can't wait to use the set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loove your CAS cards, Nina! Gorgeous!!! Thanks again for making me your Guest Designer!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your elegant CAS cards! you know i am a big fan of your shabby chic cards already!! this is such a beautiful set of stamp! thanks for sharing, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the simplicity of the grey cards. Congratulations on coming up with such beautiful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love! I want it all... you are sooo inspiring... just gorgeous! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your card designs are so beautiful, Nina! The CAS cards are really elegant and the shabby chic ones are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nina - this set is wonderful!
    Love your cards!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nina, these are absolutely fabulous! Love this new set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you have done with both styles Nina! And they are so very versatile!! LOVE this set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWZA! I LOVE this CAS design with your stamps - you have an incredible eye for design, simple or elaborate you can pull it all off! congrats on the Moxie Fab post - LOVE the pink story lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nina! These are all so gorgeous! I LOVE your set and all the projects you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Nina these cards are just gorgeous. I love both of them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your cards...such elegance and that lamp is to DIE FOR ...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT AND YOU INKED IT UP SO SO beautifully...yes..i was shouting! Hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful Nina! I adore shabby chic, and you have nailed it...to perfection...in these! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Incredible. And Amazing! that's you. Your CAS cards are as fabulous as your shabby chic cards. I don't see any room at all for improvement. You're already marvelous at shabby chic. I'm always in complete awe of you and your talent! You're a super star artist to me : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails