Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Guest DT and Inspiration from Stockings

I've been honored to have my good friend from Germany, Vanessa Menhorn, as my Guest DT this month. Did you see her beautiful card from the Lovely Shelf Blog Hop? She is an amazing artist and I'm not the only one who has noticed! Check out her blog to find out all the numerous awards and recognitions she's received. I'm so thankful to her for designing with my Lovely Shelf set amidst her busy schedule. Thanks, Vanessa!

I asked her a few questions, so you can get to know her better.

1. How long have you been paper crafting and how did you get
started?
* I started making cards about 10 months ago - I thought it would be nice to make my own birthday cards and saw the beautiful creations on some company and challenge blogs, so I joined a flickr group and started taking part in their challenges

2. What are your current favorite:
* Techniques : distressing, layering, stamping

* Tools: die-cutting machine, sewing machine, border punches
* embellishments: pearls, gems, buttons, ribbon
* coloring mediums: distress ink, colored pencils

3. What inspires you to create? Define your crafting style.
* other designer, challenges, images in magazines
* my style is changing, I love trying new techniques and prefer the vintage/shabby chic/elegant style. My crafting is chaotic and not organized...

4. Tell us something about your family. Where are you from? Other
interests besides paper crafting.
* I am married and have a 16 months old sweet daughter. I live in Germany and I am half Italian. Besides paper crafting I don`t have much time for other hobbies - but I love cooking, baking, sewing (cute stuffed animals for my daughter), reading and gardening. I used to do a lot of sports before I had my girl.

-------------------------
I also want to encourage you to check out and participate in Cath's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger uses my inspiration from Arts and Soul:

Aren't these stockings so soft and pretty? My girls would love them! And here's my card:

LS WW

Stamps: Lovely Shelf, Warm and Wonderful (GinaK)
Paper: GKD Creme de Menthe, DCWV La Creme, Basic Grey Eva, GKD Vintage Holly digipapers
Accents: ribbon by Michael's, lace from a local store here, buttons from my stash

Come back tonight (or tomorrow morning for me) for the Life is Good blog hop.

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Nina, your card is beautiful! Congrats on being Moxie Fab!!! You are so deserving! Can't wait to see what Vanessa does next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is wonderful! I love the colors and the layout.

    I am going to go check out Vanessa's blog too.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, your card for the Mowie Fab Tuesday Trigger is gorgeous and love those stockings you found! Also, Vanessa is so very talented, what amazing accomplishments already....looking forward to seeing more :o) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this at the Moxie site!! You are amazing!! Love your work and your inspiration! Thanks Nina!!! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely DARLING CARD-omgosh this is just the CUTEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I didn't know your trigger was on MFW- gotta check that out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! love that you are featuring Vanessa! she is an AMAZING artist! love your trigger card, Nina! so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Vanessa!! And your card ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beauty. This one is super sweet as well as gorgeous. I love the shape of your card. And the colors......Those gloves look perfect dangling from your lovely shelf.I adore the ribbon and button. What a soft and sweet card. Whoever receives it will definately feel like they have been hugged!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is fabulous, Nina! And CONGRATS on being featured in Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails