Monday, December 7, 2009

Some Moxie Fab cards to share...

Here are a couple of cards for the MoxieFab Christmas in the Old Country Challenge.

This first one is for a friend who's celebrating her birthday close to Christmas. I just love this paper line's festive colors. They remind me of a Filipino fiesta which, in the town where I grew up, was about 2 weeks before Christmas.

WW 2

Stamps: Warm and Wonderful (GinaK Designs)
Paper: Jolly by Golly Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento, Copics
Other: Ribbon by Michael's, buttons by GinaK

This next card is actually a gift card holder (perfect for the Crazy4You challenge too). I downloaded the Matroyshka image from Craftbits. I tried to imitate the nesting dolls, but in 2D. First, I printed the image in three different sizes. The largest one is the back, the smallest is the actual gift card holder and the middle is the front.

I stamped my text stamp (from my Vintage Borders set) as the background. This stamp is just perfect for this Moxie Fab challenge because I included "Merry Christmas" in several languages in it. If you look closely, I made sure the text in the 3 languages most dear to my heart, English, Tagalog (Filipino language) and Croatian are the most obvious. Aren't I pretty sneaky? :-)

Moxie Fab

This is the card when you turn the upper half of the front doll.

Moxie Fab 2

And here are the "nesting" dolls all laid out. Silly me, I don't have a gift card to model here, so I used my CVS card. Gift cards are not a common thing here yet in Croatia. The back is just a white space for a personal note.

Moxie Fab 3

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Love your old country entry Nina!! I've been here before and you always have beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really lik ehow you used the paper strips on the first card, and the nesting card is delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This nesting card is so clever!! Moxie Fab!!! Love your creations!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nesting doll card is just so fun and creative!! LOVE them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nina, you never cease to amaze me!! The first one is so pretty and colourful, just like you:)) and the other one... well, I'm inlove with it!! I'm an old slavic soul, and just love matryoshkas:), or babuške, as we call them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! these could not be more perfect!!! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards - love them all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You are one creative powerhouse, girl! These are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOO cute!!! Love both of these Nina! The first card is such a vintage beauty, and that second card is brilliant! WOW!!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are beautiful, but the nesting matryoshkas are just brilliant! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the russian dolls as a craft! Very nice! I am a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl you are soooooooo creative!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Nina! Thanks for entering the Christmas in the Old Country Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nina,
    Slay me with cuteness. I love the doll of your's.
    Hope all is good!
    (And congrats on the Moxie Fab challenge win!)

    Teri
    Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

    ReplyDelete
  15. So creative! Congrats on your MFW win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw you on Moxie Fab - this card is absolutely fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FABULOUS nesting doll design! Congrats on the shout out for Moxie Fab! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW, how darling! I've been eyeing that cut on my Paisley cart to do something similar. Congrats on Moxie Fab! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my, Nina! This is truly an inspired card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea your doll card is, congrats on your MFW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh clever! This little doll is too cute - and I love that you incorporated the three languages.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is absolutely brillant -- congrats on your win -- it is much deserved,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails