Wednesday, December 2, 2009

GinaK Previews, Day 2

Welcome to GinaK Designs' 2nd day of previews. Today, we are showing Theresa's newest set, Life is Good, and Rupa's Warm and Wonderful.

For my first card, I paper pieced the sweater from Rupa's set and dotted the center of the snowflakes with a white gel pen. I can see so many paper piecing possibilities with the cute images from Warm and Wonderful. They are fun to color, too, not to mention all the sweet sentiments that coordinate them. The card base is SU Pink. I also used Rocket Red ribbon and cardstock.

WW 1

Life is Good is such a great outdoors set that is perfect for winter, vintage or masculine cards. Theresa is such an amazing illustrator, I love her realistic drawings! I decided to pair the log cabin from this set with Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg papers, which by the way, coordinate with many GinaK Designs cardstocks, including Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Kiss. I stamped one of the sentiments a few times across the top, using white pigment ink. I colored the cabin with Koh-i-noor pencils and blended with a non-toxic equivalent of Gamsol (the only thing allowed in my luggage back from the US to Croatia). I bought the lace and ribbon locally.

LIG 1

For my last card, I combined both sets. Even though their styles are different, I think they coordinate well here. I used the Paper Paislee Mistletoe Collection. The train is from Life is Good and the sentiment is from Warm and Wonderful. I also stamped the flower with one of the sentiments from Theresa's set.

LIG 2

I have a set of notecards that I made also, but will have to wait to show you until the RELEASE PARTY on Thurs. I will be there. I hope you can join us, too.

For even more ways to use these fabulous stamp sets, please check the illustrator of Life is Good,
Theresa Momber, then, visit our Designers' blogs participating in the previews tonight:


We also have one of our special Center Stage Spotlight Designer joining tonight:
Peggy Wainman.

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I just found your blog from the thread on the Hero Arts Flickr site. Your blog is fantastic! I am so glad I stopped by. :) I especially love that sweater card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the red and pink colors with the sweater!!!! And the vintage, lacy designs are so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Nina! I love the colors and that piece of white trim on the warmy, warmy sweater card. More of your yummy trims on the two Life is Good cards too! Hey, I meant to tell you, I love your watermark. I noticed that you have different colors, is is a brush?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the vintage train. It is so incredible. The colors are so soft and the ribbon/lace/button combination is so pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, Nina, these are gorgeous! Love the vintage train card. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina- love what you did with the rain- with lace makes it even more vintage looking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Nina!! Love the vintage feel of the train card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness,Nina!! Your cards are just so very impressive. I especially love the train card, that vintage look, and all the elements you've added just give it such a warm feeling. All of your cards are wonderful, thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of materials in the Warm and Wonderful card. The ribbon, buttons and stitching all have a textural feel that go with the sweater.

    The border in the Life Is Good card showcases the sentiment really well. Love the font and the meaning.

    Card #3 is a perfect melding of the two sets. I agree with everyone else that the vintage feel of your design is superb. Love that extra touch of stamping the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous cards Nina!! super designs, too!! love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards Nina!! As always, you make me want it all!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all fantastic, Nina! I just love the vintagey feel you give with your cotton laces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These all are so fantastic Nina! I really love the last one, with the train and lace and stitching...well just all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Nina! All of your cards are absolutely amazing! I love all the wonderful details you added to each one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Niina, Not only do you do shabby chic fabulously . But you totally nail the vintage look as well. You always have me in such awe. Your cards are incredible. I love them all. The sweater card is so sweet love the lace, ribbon, buttons and pearls.Love the cabin card with the lace and ribbon.. and of course your coloring!!And the vintage train card... Love the stamped flower, buttons, lace and ribbon. It's stunning! especially love the BG paper on this one. I love coming to your blog and seeing all the beauty you create!
    I hope you have a bright and blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these are GORGEOUS, Nina! LOVE the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing cards! Love them!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the warm vintage feel you can bring to any set! Beautiful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really great cards, Nina! Love the paper piecing and buttons and lace and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cards Nina!! Every card is just amazing.

    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeousness we have here! And all that wonderful knit lace. I've got to find some of that stateside.

    I have a feeling my order tonight will be quite large...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails