Sunday, November 1, 2009

Leather, Lace and Lots of owls

I have a few cards to show you today. Scroll down for the Tuesday Trigger and Embellish Magazine's Owl Challenge cards.

First is a card I made for the GinaK Designs Release party. I call it my Leather & Lace Christmas. The new tan leather cardstock is just so yummy. I love it. It has this unique texture that makes vintage backgrounds easy to accomplish. For my card, I just smeared my Creamy Caramel ink on the paper. It was fun to be messy :-). I then stamped the music score from my new Vintage Borders set with black ink. The flower and leaf are from A Year of Flowers.

Here is a close up of the leather cardstock. The left side is the paper left untreated. Look how dramatic the change is just by smearing ink on it.
This second card is for Embellish Magazines Owl Color Challenge. I am also entering this to Hero Arts' Simply Holiday Challenge. I used Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and Memento Rich Cocoa inks. The stamps are from Hero Arts' Jolly Christmas set.

Finally, a card for Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger Challenge. Here is the trigger:

And my card:

The papers are by K&Co and the colors are perfect for this challenge. The owl is by Unity's June KOTM. I stamped it and added the color with Copic markers. The scallop border is from my Vintage Borders set. The card base is also a new GinaK offering, Smoky Slate, which is a perfect match to the patterned papers.

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. wow!! such fabulous cards!! really love your take on the Tuesday Trigger...that owl is darling and all those pps in green and gray are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage look on first one!
    (I was making that messy thing on my newest project and it shore was fun)lol.

    And your owls are toooo cute!
    I love them!
    Great cards!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! Nina, I don't know how you do it all! These cards are fab-u lous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards, Nina... all three! I especially love the lace ruffle and DP in the top card, and the DP and the way you used Vintage Borders in the bottom card. Bravo!

    BTW, I just realized you were born in the Phillipines. We were stationed at Clark AFB when I was 4-5 years old. My youngest sister was born there. Even though I was so young, I still have a few vivid memories... flashes of memories, actually.

    Also, I just noticed you draw for Squigglefly, so I hopped over there to look and ended up with five downloads of your work... three scriptures, some birds and some flowers. You're blowing me away!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these cards are adorable, Nina! Love every single one!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are gorgeous Nina - so pleased to see someone come up with a lace stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! thanks for sharing all those pretty cards! love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are really beautiful, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great cards! They are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nina! Awesome projects! Love the project you whipped up for this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing projects! Really love the colors in the Tuesday trigger project; adore the simplicity of the Embellish project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your win at Tuesday Trigger...love love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. More wow! I cannot choose a favorite. They are all thre marvelous. I love the first one with the vintage look. The elements on that card are striking!! I am loving your musical score stamp . The owls are incredibly adorable . Love that color combo. And the card for the Tuesday Trigger is fantabulous!! Great colors and image.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Love all your cards!! Well done :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those owls are super cute! Thanks so much for playing in the Embellish Magazine challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations on being picked!!!! yey your cards are so awesome!!!

    www.naomis-space.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Nina!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails