Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend cards

Please scroll BELOW for the Thankful for Friends of Faith Blog Hop. Thank you.

It seems that it's been ages since I've made something new. I spent all week last week finishing my 130 Christmas cards (thanks, Kelly, for all your help!) and fighting the flu at the same time. I'm getting better everyday - thanks for your prayers. I have two cards to show you today and I really enjoyed making them, after a long absence from my craft table.

First is my card for the Layers of Color August Release party. This card was also inspired by the Cinema Saturday Challenge this week, using The Roman Holiday as the inspiration movie and adding pearls. The filigree image reminds me of the old Rome.

I used one of the Layers of Colors free digis, their party favors, for my card. The owner and artist behind all the LOC stamps is my good friend, Laura. She is an amazing artist and one who shares my love for Christ. It's been an honor to get to know her, even only through our cyber "visits." Make sure you check out her newest releases. They are all fantastic, especially if you love vintage style images and butterflies. Now, the card...I colored the image with Copics. The paper is my own design. The music stamp is from my Vintage Borders set. The cardstocks I used are Smoky Slate and Cranberry Tart.


Next is my card for Moxie Fab's Plum Crazy Challenge. I didn't go monochromatic, but complementary on this card. I just love the yellow and purple together. The sketch follows the Get Sketchy challenge this week (I flipped it sideways), with the added bonus to use markers. I colored the butterfly with Copics and Sharpies together.

Stamps: Take Flight, A Year of Flowers, Tropical Flowers (GinaK)
Paper: Vibrant Violet, Sweet Corn, DP (own design)
Accents: lace, buttons, pearls, Fiskars punch

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Nina! Your cards today are so elegant! Love the colors (purple and yellow) looks great! Beautiful designs and paper! Glad you are getting over the flu! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards Nina!!! So glad that you could play along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!! LOVe your "romanesque card" - such pretty and lovely colors!!! Hope you had fun and will play along with us soon!!!
    Hugs and happy wishes,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Nina, these are magnificent cards! I adore your unique color combos and beautiful details! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! your creations are beyond gorgeous! i really, really, really LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!! These are so gorgeous, love them both!!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. really hoping you are feeling better Nina! love both of your beautiful cards! beautiful designs and gorgeous coloring!! wow! i love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always! You never cease to amaze me, Nina!!! Hey girl, saw your comment on Mox Fab...I'm shopping tomorrow - if I find any 'goodies' I'll get back to you for an address and you will have some too!!!! Isn't that collection divine??? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both cards are gorgeous! Your coloring is jsut amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina, love your cards they are beautiful :)!

    Inky Hugs,
    Catherine
    catlevy@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty cards. I do love the first one though, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are so pretty! I love the butterfly one with the pearls on the body and the pearly buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..130 Cards?! and having the flu? You go girl...

    Both of your cards are absolutely beautiful...I love how you combined the MFW and Get Sketchy Challenge...it turned out gorgeous!

    Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and amazing work as always. you cut the butterfly out so perfectly. the details and colors are beautiful and the stitching you've done is perfection. lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful, elegant card!! Love the main fleur de lis image...just striking!! Thanks for playing along with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Nina! Thanks again for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nina!
    Welcome to cinema challenges.. I totally love the Roman inspiration you added to you card. The colors are Fab! All the little derails like music and pearls just perfect. You are such an amazing artist.. Thank you so much for playing along.. Come play again soon.
    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yowser! Another beautiful card with LOC digi for sure, but that butterfly card is truly a feast for the eyes. I love everything about it, right down to the fabulous lace and pearls! And I want some of that fabulous DP from both cards. Can we look forward to it in a Gina K release? I hope I hope I hope!

    I've already put my order in for LOC stamps. Laura is so sweet. She sent Kristine, Kathy and I a set of Butterfly Collector to sample. I love those butterflies.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards and love the card for GS! Thanks for playing and hop to see you at GS again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails