Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thankful for Friends Blog Hop

Welcome to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine's A Faith Perspective Thankful for Friends Faith Blog Hop. I am excited to be a part of this group as we all celebrate and proclaim our Savior Jesus Christ and give Him glory through our artwork. We're celebrating the theme of friends and we're happy to share our projects with you based on the verse:

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. " Ecc4:9-10a


One of the biggest blessings I have for knowing Christ is the wonderful relationship I have with my brothers and sisters in Him who love and faithfully pray for me and my family. As missionaries, we are often the beneficiaries of many saints' faithful prayers and that is a treasure beyond we deserve.

I have traveled around the globe and have met many people from different cultures. I found that whenever I visit a church in another country, I immediately connect with the people there, even if we don't speak the same language. Our common love for Christ and God's saving grace in our lives bring an instant connection between us.

I have found that this is also true when "meeting" the many stamping sisters in the Lord through cyberspace, who share my love for papercrafting. I have been blessed many times over by the inspiration, encouraging comments, RAKs and prayers of so many of you. Thank you and I thank God for you! He is good for even bringing you all to my blog today! May we all grow in our love for Him, who deserves all our praise and glory.

For this hop, I used my Lord of the Season set by GinaK Designs. It includes 4 topiaries, a Bible verse and a quote proclaiming Christ IS the Lord of the seasons, thus we can depend on Him at all times.

Stamps: Lord of the Season (GinaK Designs), (Pretty Little Scriptures) Clear Dollar Stamps
Papers: (Green Apple, Ivory CS, Vintage Holly digipapers) GinaK
Ink: Memento Black and Copic markers
Accents: (Ivory ribbon, pearl brad) Michael's
Tools: SU Top Note die, distressing tool, sewing machine

Make sure you find the start of the train >>> HERE <<<. Thanks to these generous sponsors for providing this weekend's prizes: Layers of Color Stamps, Gina K Designs Stamps and Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

There will be three grand prize winners for this event. To enter, simply hop to the blogs of all of the participating staff members of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, take note of the staff member's name, and leave a comment on their posts. Then send an email to games@scrapbooknewsandreview.com, listing each of the staff members who participated in today's hop. All entries must be received by Monday, November 16, 2009 at 12 noon, EST and three winners will be randomly chosen to win.

The prizes:
  • One $100 gift certificate from Layers of Color Stamps AND a 6 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
  • One basket of goodies -- four stamp sets from Gina K Designs and a 6 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
  • One set of digital stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and a 3 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
In addition, every participating staff member of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine will offer a free one-month subscription to the magazine to one of their visitors by simply leaving a comment on their blog. That's a lot of chances to win, so let's get to the Hop! The next stop from here is:


Photobucket

73 comments:

  1. oh my this is gorgeous, great job...have a blessed weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card - I would be honored to recieve it. Beautiful stamps! Thank you for the opportunity to win. Back to the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina your card and designs for Gina K are all beautiful! I am blessed for having found your blog today and reading your precious words of bringing glory to our Lord! I'm so happy to be a part of this huge endeavor! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your testimony tucked in the preamble... and yes there is that 'instant connection' between Christians. Beautiful design too :-)

    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and your coloring is fantastic! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is so amazing, Nina!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Loving all the talent on this blog train! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your beautiful coloring and design, Nina! gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful :) i love the papers you chose and the sentiment off the ribbon :) God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. JUST BEAUTIFUL...HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Nina - whta a gorgeous card and perfect sentiment for this Blog Hop - isn't it amazing the people we meet along the way in this crafting journey where we can combine our passion for him paper and our passion for him - we won't be strangers in Heaven! Thank you for using your God given gift to honor Him! I'm so happy to be a part of this amazing Blog Hop with you! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nina!!! God bless you and thanks again for the siggy!!! Love your card and the stamp you designed! Incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nina your card is beautiful and so were your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are my inspiration and my role model.

    ReplyDelete
  15. But Nina, that first blog (A Faith Perspective) won't let me leave a comment. Also, there is no name there to take notice of:(
    please, help...

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card....love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What rich colors! What a gorgeous card design! Our Lord IS indeed Lord of all seasons! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nina!! WOW!! What a totally GORGEOUS creation!! I love your beautiful design and all the elements you've used to make it sooo pretty!! Such a pleasure to be on this blog hop with you!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty and elegant Nina!! :) Love your TOP NOTE die and paper you used, and of course this is a fabulous, and versatile set. BEAUTIFUL job! I'm sure this recipient will feel so loved esp. knowing you're praying for her. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! such a pretty card. I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your coloring is beautiful! I love the papers and layout, and the ribbon with the large pearl brad holding the sentiment tag is just wonderful!
    TFS and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful design Nina! Love every detail of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along, this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a beautiful card! and i esp. love your explanation of the set and the message behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gor to the geous Miss Nina!!! Love everything about this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous card! I love the image you used!

    hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an amazing card! I love the ribbon and just EVERYTHING about this card! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card...wonderful inking. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Janine

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card. I love the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great coloring on the stamp you used. Well made card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is so beautiful! thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your work! This is an honor to showcase friendship with my Christian Sisters on the web. Hugs, Gini

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, what a wonderful creation you made. I really like that stamp you've used on your card! Thank you for another opportunity to win a chance for a subscription to the magazine. And thank you for sharing your love of Him. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE your card, Nina! What a blessing that will be to someone!

    It's truly a pleasure being your friend and glorifying God together!

    I enjoyed seeing you at our party, please pop in again tomorrow for the special challenge and tutorial!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Nina,

    What a beautiful card! I feel blessed to have met you through our blogs. Have a great weekend!

    xo,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your card the design is beautiful. Thank you...hoppity hop

    ReplyDelete
  37. a great card that provides the kind of encouragment friends bring... Thanks for being part of the hop today! I'm enjoying the ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your card is gorgeous! The colors are beautiful...very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  39. beautiful beautiful! I have experienced the same and I know it is because of the great God we serve! Thank you Lord for His sacrificial love that binds our hearts together! Blessings to you! Keep serving Him!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. The card you made for the hop is just gorgeous! Love that stamp set, and you did a beautiful job with it! On to the next blog....

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a stunning card. Thank you so much for sharing. I have enjoyed visiting your blog. I will visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your creation is gorgeous, I love it, the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the card. I think that set "Lord of the Seasons" is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  44. So pretty. Love the background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This blog hop is fun - I am seeing a lot of great sites I've never seen before! I love your stamp design work, especially your new PTI Christmas set - FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey Nina, glad to see you on the hop! Love your Gina K sets! Some day I'll probably be able to get some of them. This set is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Nina we share two things- first being name. My grandchildren call me Nina and second our love for the Lord. Thank you for you wonderful words of praise. I love your work also. I have visit your blog several times and each time I get more inspired. Thank you for sharing with us. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Nina,
    Just a great card... love the colors and I love your bio...
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your card is stunning and the coloring is wonderful. i loved your sweet words as well.

    ReplyDelete
  50. So unique and artfully presented...a beautiful card. Love the layers and detailing...but more than all that the thought behind it. Prayers are powerful expressions of friendship. Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Yowser, Nina, your card is amazing! I LOVE that deep shade of purple... or should we call it eggplant? Or magenta? Whatever, it is gorgeous. I also love the DP and your pearls. Very beautiful!

    God bless my friend,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  52. Lovely card.

    And what a wonderful blog hop that we can share our love for HIM through our art.

    {hugs}
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such a gorgeous creation Nina! And so are you! Thanking you for sharing your talent and art and love of Christ with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Nina,

    This is so pretty. The idea you used that I like most was the sewn edge that was distressed. Great idea.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a stunner! Thanks so much for sharing your work! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Nina this is so pretty, love your shading on the bow. It is so deep and rich!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your card is so beautiful! I enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  58. thanks for this opportunity! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Gorgeous card :)!

    Inky Hugs,
    Catherine
    catlevy@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails