Saturday, November 28, 2009

StampTV CSS Blog Hop 2

It's time for another CenterStage Spotlight Challenge Blog hop!

Hostess: Jessica Fick {Design Team Coordinator}
Theme:
Stamp and color the image on Patterned Paper { any occasion card acceptable, it doesn't have to be Christmas themed} { image may be cut out and layered, but must be stamped and colored on patterned paper}
Requirement
: any GinaK Designs stamp set & Glitter
Bonus Challenge
: decorate the inside of your card to coordinate


Here are my cards...I am loving all the shabby style cards that seem to be very popular at the moment. It's very different from my usual style, but am enjoying trying new things. The butterfly is from Take Flight, the "love" sentiment is from Many Wishes. I sponged the edges of the Kraft card base. The PP is from DCWV. I stamped the butterfly on it, then colored with Copics. I stamped it again, then mounted on top of the other. I highlighted both the image and sentiment with a glitter pen. The frame is a die cut using Labels 1 and sponged with Vivid Tuscan Tan ink.

CSS2 Blog hop2

Here's a close up of the glittered butterfly and sentiment.

CSS2 Blog hop2 CU

Another attempt at shabby chic cards...I stamped the music stamp from Vintage Borders on the text paper, then distressed it. The scalloped border is also from Vintage Borders. The butterfly is from Take Flight, the silhouette botanical is from Tropical Flowers and the sentiment is from Elegant Post. I stamped the butterflies in a distressed brick red DCWV patterned paper, then colored with Copics. I highlighted the butterfly and distressed text papers with a glitter pen.

CSS2 Blog hop

CSS2 Blog hop CU

Participating Designers' links:

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll be back Monday with GinaK Designs new release previews!

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Nina! Looks like you have gone butterfly crazy lately! Me likey the butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your shabby chic style Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the shabby chic - you learned it well!! Beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, shabby is so cool and so are your cards. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, you rock the shabby chic!! Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow- wow-wow! I love both of them, but especially the first one. Gorgeous shabby CHIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous cards, Nina!! love the beautiful colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *adore* shabby chic! These are so beautiful! Fabulous, eclectic combination of elements. Both cards are wonderful! I especially LOVE your bows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards, Nina!!! Love your butterflies!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are amazing! I'm crazy about the black/white and pink button! What a gorgeous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Nina!! They are so elegant!! Blessings and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart was all a "fluttery" when I saw all those beautiful butterfly cards. Very pretty cards, Nina!! You always do such beautiful work. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those layered butterflies are amazing! Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always gorgeous and amazing! You sure are breaking out of your box! I see things aren't lined up straight like you normally like to do it. And I love the shabby chic look you have going on!!!The pearls, ribbons and buttons are all so pretty too. They are both very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards Nina!! Love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are gorgeous Nina! I love the shabby look you have going on, you do shabby chic very well :o) I am trying, just not there yet, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous shabby chic cards Nina!! Those butterflies are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow!!! The collage look with the bling is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nina! What beautiful cards - love those butterflies! They look like they're gonna fly off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful - just beautiful, Nina! I adore your style, my friend! Thank you so much for playing along with my challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just adore all of these butterflies Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  23. An amazing mix of textures and colors. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails