Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Butterfly Beauties

I've been playing with the few Copic markers I have. I want to make sure I will use them often before I buy more. So far, I have enjoyed using them. I used to hate coloring, but these markers really make your images pop. It also helps that I've looked at a few tutorials to get the effects I want. I still have lots to learn, but it's fun.

Here's a card using Copics. I love these butterflies from the Take Flight set by GinaK Designs. The card base is my new favorite CS called Soft Sand by GinaK. It's better than your typical Kraft CS. The patterned paper is by K&Co's Wild Saffron. I found a full 12 x 12 paper pack for $5 (I think retail is $19.95) at a Michael's store just recently. I love it when I find great deals like that!

I followed Patter's Triple the Sketch challenge this week. Make sure you stop by there as they celebrate the first anniversary of my friend Laura's Layers of Color stamp company. There are lots of goodies that they're giving away, including a $50 gift certificate to Layers of Color, which has amazing stamp sets with a vintage feel.


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. wow! This is gorgeous! Love your creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nina your doing great! beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look so real. oh you definitely rock those copics! it took me a while with them too and now they're all i use. and i'm taking a few classes on them too. but from the looks of this, you do not need any classes. this is just gorgeous!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've done a great job with your Copics! Looks like you paid very close attention to the tutorials!

    hugs,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colouring Nina - very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gor to the geous, lady!!! I love this card!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card...great colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay!! You are so good at everything you do. You're no the Queen of copics too.
    your card is quite stunning. The butterflies are beautiful. The whole look you've gone with here is just gorgeous, from the trim, the scallop edge and the colors. Just amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is just stunning! Wonderful card!

    - Gloria, TTS DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your butterflies are gorgeous!! What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Nina, this just turned out STUNNING! WOW girl!!! Love every bit of your card and the color choice is just perfect! Thanks for playing along, and I pray you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Love how you colored the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails