Friday, July 10, 2009

You're Bee-utiful

Here's my card using 2Sketches4You sketch this week. I used Unity's June KOTM again. I really like this set. The sentiment to go with the bee is just adorable and I can think of many sweet friends I can give this to. God has blessed me with many dear girlfriends, who are beautiful both inside and out.

I used My Mind's Eye papers. I bought a stack of 180 gorgeous papers for less than $10! Wow, I was like a kid in a candy store when I went to my first visit to Hobby Lobby. I am so glad I don't live in the US, or I would be spending all my money there!

I stamped, cut out and popped the bee out, which follows the Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenge this week. It's kind of hard to see, but I paper pierced the bee trail. The colors I used are Old Olive and Baja Breeze CS, and Ruby Red ink. This color combo is sort of a muted version of the Color Throwdown's combo this week (Kiwi Kiss, Really Red and Tempting Turquoise).

ENABLER ALERT: Make sure you check out GinaK Designs store. They are having a huge sale on 7 of their stamp sets from today until Monday. You can find more info on Gina's blog. She's also offering a huge blog candy.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful DP you've used here! Love that flower, too! Thanks for playing again with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that paper and yes. I can see the paper piercing. It's a terrific touch. I love the bee and the sentiment too.
    I try to stay away from Hobby Lobby. It's a place one could get out of control lol. Glad you were able to experience it.

    take care Nina,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on our sketch. Love your card

    Thank you for joining us this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat card! Love that big beautiful flower! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card--that flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails