Check It Out!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Whimsical, and Mojo-licious Vintage-y Butterfly

I have a thing for butterflies. I think they are some of God's most beautiful creatures. So, when I saw this Beautiful Butterflies set from Unity on sale last week, I had to have them. They are huge stamps, too, which make them easy to use as the focal point on a card.

I made this for my cousin, who just graduated from high school. It's hard to believe that she was just a little flower girl when I got married. Now she's a beautiful, young lady, who's off to college.

I followed the ever so popular Mojo Monday's sketch this week. The card base and papers are by My Mind's Eye. I used Really Rust and Old Olive with the rolling technique when inking the butterfly. I cut it out, then popped it out, as with the sentiment (Hero Arts) for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge this week.

Pin It


  1. wow that butterfly is gorgeous! i love how all the paper coordinate so well :) great job!

  2. wow! this is gorgeous and i'm with you on butterflies. i love 'em. your card below is beautiful too. i love how you did that flower. great cards!


  3. Cute butterfly and great pearl accents. Great job with the mojo sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

  4. Nina,
    Your butterfly card is so very beautiful. Now that we are on the subject of butterflies. I had one land on me three times the other day first my shoulder, then my arm and it's last stop was my wrist just. I couldn't believe it. I sat very still and wished it would have stayed with me longer.
    I love the lace you've added and the pearl is so pretty. another thing. You cut it out perfectly.
    It's a beauty.
    Have a great weekend.

  5. I love butterflies too Nina this is a beautiful card.

  6. hi mam,

    you have nice cards here =D

  7. Your card is wonderful!! Girl your talent is fab!!

  8. This is beautiful nina! don't you just love those mojo sketches? they're so fun!`

  9. Oh Nina, this is so beautiful!! Great colors and papers!!
    I have something to pass on to you :) Come to check my blog, gf!

  10. Nina! This is gorgeous!! You have such an amazing style! I was just getting ready to send your goodies but I couldn't find an e-mail with your address. I thought you sent it to me, but now I'm not sure! Either way could you send me your mailing address to

  11. Just beautiful. Love the lacey trim. Thanks for playing! :)


Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails