Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pink Birthday Flowers

Just a quick card to share with you today. My DH and I are away for a couple of days to go to the theater, visit a museum, stop by a farmer's market and do other fun things without the kids :-). My sweet in-laws are taking care of them. Our first stop was by Archiver's today for the first time. Wow, that was so much fun. Then, we had dinner at my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles, The Cheesecake Factory, which now has several branches in the Atlanta area. I love their salads and, of course, desserts!

Anyway, here's my card. The color combination is from Stamp Something's challenge to use yellow, pink and green. I also followed StampTV's sketch challenge.

For this card, I used Copics in shading for the first time. Scrapbookingalley messed up an order of mine and to make up for it, they gave me a $25 gift certificate. So, I got me some Copics to practice with. They are so fun, esp using the blending techniques. I decided to get a couple of shades in my favorite Stampin' Up/PTI colors. So, with my $25, I got 3 shades in Regal Rose/Hibiscus Burst and 2 shades in Old Olive/Ripe Avocado colors. I also got one that's similar to Summer Sun.


As you can see, I still have ways to go. I'm learning to be patient with coloring. The image was stamped on GinaK Pure Luxury layering CS.

Stamps: StampTV Eclectic Summer
Papers: Summer Sun, Ripe Avocado
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Others: ribbons and buttons

Better go get ready. I'm off to the theater!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nina, love all these latest cards of yours. Remember the Moments is my fav.! Love the background!
    I'm getting excited about the end of the month and I'm keeping everything crossed - you'll know why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nina,
    I'm happy, so happy guess who gets to play with your new set!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to have special time to reconnect. My hubby and I were able to do that recently and it was so wonderful!
    Your card is very lovely, fresh and pretty! I love the details and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet birthday card!! I love to make cute cards as gift for my friends and family...

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay. Is there nothing you don't do well? I'm nervous about copics and there you go and made it look easy. Your card is stunning I love every bit of it!

    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails