Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Sunday

I just started following both the Salt Challenge and Triple the Sketch Challenge and I've been encouraged by the designers' desire to share their faith through their craft. I've been especially touched by how they focus Easter back to Christ, whose resurrection we celebrate today.

The latest Salt Challenge is to make something that shows the true meaning of Easter. Triple the Sketch's layout this week is this

After combining both challenges, this is what I came up with.


For the branch embellishment, I did paper piercing instead. And the two squares are two stanzas of the hymn. The lovely font is called "Missed Your Exit" from kevinaandamanda.com. Instead of circles, I used There She Goes' Flowers of Happiness set.

I printed the last two verses of one of my favorite modern hymns by Stuart Townend called "How Deep the Father's Love for Us." Every time I hear that song, I can't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude for God's abounding love for us. The depth of His love is only realized through understanding the sacrifice and worthiness of Christ. Here's the rest of the song.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Have a blessed Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Nina, this card is bringing tears to my eyes as I read it now.....thank you so much for sharing it. In fact, I can't sing this at church without tearing up either! A beautiful treasure. Your daughters are so pretty, another treasure! How blessed you are....are they crafters/stampers too?
    I have a friend, Nika, who crafts with women in Russia. Here is her blog, you may enjoy it as well:
    http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com/
    She doesn't post often, but I know she is busy!
    Thanks again for YOUR kind comments and please visit me anytime.
    Your crafting sister in Christ,
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking part in our Salt challenge - such a super card and a lovely choice of song x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! And what beautiful words to bring us all back to the real meaning of Easter. Have a very blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second what Susan said. You are not only talented you are a beautiful person!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails