Monday, May 18, 2009

A different kind of card

My style is usually clean and simple. I challenged myself to try something different. I still can't get the collage look work for me. But, I did try something a little different with my submission to Kristina's Color Challenge #52, StampTV Friday Potluck Challenge using scraps, and I loosely interpreted CardPattern's sketch this week. Here are Kristina's colors:


Card Patterns' Sketch:

This was a quick card using scraps from the Friends and Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit by SU. As I was making this, my girls kept commenting how crooked everything was :-). Well, not quite. Notice how the letters and the background DSP are still straight. It was fun and I will have to try this "funky" look again.

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Leave it to you to go and make crooked fabulous!I love the flowers and the good life punched circles. fantastic job as always!

    I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really great card, I love your design! The colours are simply lovely!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made that color combo work ! ... and great layout as well! Love your work, Nina ! And thank you so much for the digi-stamp .... just love those flowers and sentiment ... you are truly a good at what you do ! { hugs !}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very funky card Nina.....Love it Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to step out of your comfort zone. I have a hard time with collage-styled cards, too.

    Love your take on the sketch. Those flowers are adorable! So glad you could play along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love what you did with the colors and the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, fun!! I like what you did with the challenges! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found this site! Awesome!!!! What a blessing! This card is super! I love it that it's not all semetrical!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your slanted strips detail. Fabulous job with the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! So retro and funky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails