Saturday, May 2, 2009

Papertrey Ink Spring Fling challenge

Nichole issued a challenge to make a card based on a DT member's inspiration for their Spring Fling projects. I chose Becky Oehler's and here's her inspiration:

And here's my card.

I used the stems and leaves from the Wishing You set and the blooms from Guidelines 2 set.

Other supplies: Papers (Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip) Ink (Basic Brown, Versamark, Rose Romance, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Really Red)

Here's another take on the inspiration using the more springy Orchid Opulence color instead of Really Red. This was actually the first card I made, but the colors were off. It's my printer's fault :-). I printed Becky's inspiration and somehow the red didn't really show.

post signature

18 comments:

  1. totally awesome combination! your card rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the inspiration! The way you curved the paper on the bottom, the fabulous stitching, the buttons, and the little centers of the flowers. Can you tell I just like it all?!?! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your curved paper and the stitching is wonderful! AND I can't believe I haven't ordered that stamp set!! ugh.....I hold back and I hold back....and then I just break!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards - Nina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Nina - such an original and elegant design. Wonderful interpretation of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutely wow-ed by your cards! They totally look like a DT member card. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! I love how you used the guidelines for the blossoms and your curvy edge makes a wonderful hillside for your 'garden'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your curved green paper and the stiched detail on the card. The buttons are fabulous as well. Super job on the spring fling challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! I love how you used Guidelines 2 for the blooms. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I love the curved edge on the bottom section.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! Love it! You will be heading to the States soon? Yeah! Are there things you like to stock up on?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These cards are stunning! I've always thought those images from GL2 are flower-like. Great job pairing them with the stems!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you should totally win! I love your card (the one with Regal Rose in it), you can totally see that it belongs to the inspiration pic. Very beautiful! Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW! These are absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used the GL2 set for the flowers. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the graphic look of these flowers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails